10.

Chapter Ten: How close do you want us to be?
{regular style}
.

.

.

.

Eren stumbled on his dirty clothes after climbing up the one story window. He didn't know why he chose to enter through his old window instead of the front door, he just didn't care about those things.

Maybe it was the nostalgic feeling of sneaking back in your home after going out, maybe it was the chance of seeing the stray cat that always slept in his backyard for the past couple of years.

He just didn't know.

Stripping out of his clothes leaving him only in his boxers, he slips into his bed and covers himself with his childhood bed sheets. He wasn't ashamed of his mothers poor skills of knitting and sewing.

"Eren! Are you in there?!" Hearing his mother shout in confusion made him sit up in disbelief. He could've sworn his mothers shift ended later than this.

But yet again it is-

"Fuck It's 5:30." He winces. Groaning in annoyance, he crawls out of bed and rushes down the stairs. Only to be met with the tired eyes of his mother and the complaints of another delayed episode of Criminal Minds coming from his father.

"Eren...why are you naked?" Carla says giving him a second glance while hanging up her jacket and keys. "What- oh." Eren looks away and smiles sheepishly. "Sorry Mom just a rough day."

Breathy laughter erupted in the living room.

Carla rolls her eyes playfully and walks towards Eren, putting her hands on his shoulder. "My wonderful son..what happened to make you look this messy." She chuckles, wiping the imaginary dust off his shoulder.

Eren eyed his mom closely. He never noticed how hard she's been working while he's away at school, especially ever since his father retired from being a full time doctor. He bites the inside of his cheeks then kisses his moms. "Thanks for everything Ma.. but I assure you I'm okay."

He grabbed both of his mothers hands and gently places them at her side. Carla furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head, sighing in disbelief.

Eren shrugs and walks to the sofa, plopping himself down next to his old man. "Eren stop walking around like that, you could easily get sick."

Grisha yawns and places his arm around his son, ruffling his now messy hair. Eren rolls his eyes and leans his head back.

"Dad..Mom..I think I have girl problems!" Eren cries out.

"Honey you're over exaggerating about girl problems.. this OLD?!" Carla rushed to the front of her two favorite men, hands on her hips.

She had gloves and her apron on. Little studs of bubbles were still scattered around her blue latex gloves. She was washing the dishes.

Eren pouts and nods his head slowly, "I mean I don't know If I should really call it romance problems if I'm the only one who likes them..I don't know." He grabs a pillow and leans his cheek on it.

Grisha clears his throat and rubs his chin, "Well how long have you known them?"

The question took Eren aback. How long did they actually know each other? Not for long, just for a month probably. He was horrible at keeping track.

He didn't really care about that.
Shit, was he getting too attached?
Especially this soon.

"Yeah bud I think you are." Eren turns his head to face his father, who carried a worried expression.

"What?"

Carla sighs and sits next to Eren, placing a hand on his head. "You were speaking out loud son. You know that's one of your bad habits." She smiles sweetly.

Eren purses his lips and nods his head slowly. "So what should I do?"

The corners of Grisha' like upturn slightly. It was noticeable if you took a second glance.

"I think you should just take things slow son. How close do you want to be?"

Eren took a minute to think, he asked himself this question before but he knew the official answer now.

He lets out a light hearted laugh and pats his father back repeatedly. Grisha' eyes widen in shock and the smirk wiped off his face quickly. Now replaced with wheezy coughs.

"Eren-."
"You're not so bad old geezer."

Carla looks at the both of them and giggles lightly. You could tell this was a conversation left between her boys.

Sue sucks her teeth and smacked the back of the younger brunettes head, "Eren please don't do that to your father and go change!"

Eren jumped up immediately and rushed to his room, right after giving his parents a kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks for the help!"

Did he really need it anyways?

.

.

.

.

[A/n: another update everyone!! Apologies for
not making this chapter texting style, I wanted to show a bit of Eren' character in the story. Don't worry there's going to be other character interest soon.]

Thank you so much for the support xx