Chapter 171

"How are you feeling?" Nerva appeared in Lana's room again, and she got up and looked at him.

"Why are you here again to see me? Did you wish to ask me again about the cure for this illness?" Lana clearly had no idea why he kept trying to meet her and get to know her. It just made it more and more strange for her, yet she could not grow to hate or dislike him. Yunma had been on bed rest; there was still a lot more recovery time that she needed. Lana had been sensing a friendly aura around him since they had gotten to know each other with the time she had left. Knowing that she should hate him, but her heart just couldn't do so.

"Is it bad to see the woman that I am trying to make advances on?" He went up to her and carried her bridal style, making her gasp and hold him to avoid falling.

"What are you doing?!" Lana was confused why Nerva decided to do such a thing, he had them both go outside. Taking her to the garden, she was then taken to the pond where there were many glowing lily pads that had Petal Frogs swaying in the pond. "D-D-Did you do this?" Nerva had her on her feet, allowing her to kneel down and look at the pond with the Petal Frogs slowly going up to her and croaking lightly to her.

"Do you like it?" He then asked Lana , forming a smile on her face with genuine feelings towards it. He had never seen her truly smile at him for his actions, but this time it was different.

"It's beautiful. I didn't think such a little beautiful pond could be so majestic to watch and enjoy in this kingdom." Lana said, Nerva kneeling next to her, the Petal Frogs surrounding him, and then going back to focus on Lana. 'It is indeed true. I was never given the chance to go out like any other woman out there with more privileges and advantages. I've always been isolated since my father worried about me all the time, thinking that I could possibly leave him any time soon like my mother did. He must be lonely right now as well.' Lana needed to be able to visit her father somehow, but he would know immediately what was going on with her if he saw how she looked right now.

"They all seem to like you very much." Nerva then said, seeing how the Petals Frogs he raised from Petal Tadpoles were taking a liking to Lana.

"They all seem to be very kind and gentle. I never feared frogs. Rather, I was more fond of critters since they were the only beasts or pets that I could really have or take care of." Lana had the frogs in her hand as they willingly hopped on. 'Strange, none of this seems real to me.' Lana lightly rubbed the little frog's head, feeling a sudden ease in her heart. She had been doubting for some time now, not completely sure if she should keep the child or not. At the same time, something just keeps telling her to stop the nonsense talk. Seeing how Nerva seems quite obsessive at some point, but he could be gentle at times as well. She did not know what was the right or wrong choice for keeping this child. 'I do not know what will come for this child in the future, but a child's life is important no matter royalty or not.' Lana knew that no child should ever have to lose their lives just by being born.

"Is that so? If you wish to take some of them, then you can do so." Nerva said, looking at Lana, not wanting her to think that he was lying or trying to be greedy and selfish about the little creatures.

"No, they are happy here and have freedom." Lana did not want the little petal frogs to be separated from their loved ones with whom they had lived their entire life with. "It would be sad to take their freedom away so easily. I do not wish for them to be unhappy. Thank you for the offer, though." Lana got up and walked around the little pond, Nerva following closely behind her. 'So much has happened between us, can things really...' Lana did not know if they would be allowed to make things work as it is. She did not really have much time, and life was just too cruel to her and her children.

He felt that it was strange for him to be doing all of this for one woman when he had already used her. He would never turn back to give the same woman attention, but this was a first for him. Likewise, he had always used women as he did with one of them from the Mireraweth emperor's harem, then there was the one who was Prince Leroy's favored concubine, and then there was still the other hidden-faced individual who he still wanted to have a hold on, but now he felt rather disgusted with himself. Not only that, but he only wanted to stay with Lana, which made his chest ache with fear as if he did not want to get hurt. Yet, for this weak and fragile woman, he wanted to have her by his side and cure her illness. "You are very caring and kind-hearted. I can see why many prefer you to be the Crown Prince's future Empress." Nerva clutched his hand into a fist, wishing that he could have made her his woman sooner.