Chishiya

Niragi slows his run as the elevator shuts, gradually coming to a stop. He growls. You really thought you were so much better than him, huh? Too good to acknowledge him? He balls his hands into a fist, but then a sly smile takes over his face. The mental image of your fearful face reminds him that he's the one who has the power here. When he turns around, he sees Chishiya and Kuina standing there. He scowls.

"The hell are you here for?" Niragi snaps.

Chishiya raises an eyebrow. "I couldn't help but come out and see what's going on when I heard you scream Y/N's name. Sounded like you were about to murder her. Turns out, it's just because she doesn't want to talk to you."

Niragi lets out a snarl. "Give me a day or two, and she'll learn to stop looking down on me."

Chishiya has that smile on his face; the one with his lips ever so slightly ticking upwards. Like he's so much better than him. Niragi resists the urge to shoot him.

"You really are stupid," Chishiya states. "Can't you tell she's not running because she thinks she's better than you, but because she's afraid? The rifle doesn't help."

Niragi stalks forward and wraps his hand around Chishiya's neck. Kuina looks alarmed and takes a step forward but stops when Chishiya only stares at him, still smiling and unblinking. Unfazed. He knows Niragi is not all powerful against an executive.

"Shut the fuck up, you condescending white-haired asshole. Keep your nose out of my business!" Niragi glares Chishiya down. Chishiya remains as passive as always, and for a moment, Niragi decides how likely it is for him to get away with murder after all. But he decides it's not worth it and leaves, annoyed and angry.

Deep down, Niragi knows you're just scared of him. And for good reason. But he wants to talk to you. Touch you. And it pisses him off when you disobey him; that you won't let him do as he pleases. He could be nicer, but he doesn't even consider that as an option. Showing weakness, after all, makes people see him as a target. He knows that all too well.

***

You let out a frustrated sigh and run your fingers through your hair. The elevator lets out a ding as it stops at the fifth floor. You race out as the doors open and head to your room. As soon as you enter, you flop backwards onto the bed, worn out and stressed.

You resist the urge to scream. Great, so now you pissed off Niragi even more. You hadn't exactly meant to run away again, but how could he expect you not to panic approaching you that way?

What now? Continue hiding? You hate having to hide from Niragi, or hide from anyone, really. Additionally, you couldn't do that forever; you'll stumble upon Niragi at some point. Maybe you can go to him and apologize?

That makes you grit your teeth. Apologize for what? Him being an asshole?

You can practically hear what your best friend would say. Now's not the time to be stubborn! In this world, it's life and death, and you have to put some of your dignity aside. Yeah, he's a jerk, but this jerk can and will kill you!

You contemplate it further. It's not like if you say an apology you have to mean it. But... giving in, letting Niragi get a fake apology he doesn't deserve still irks you. But if you leave things the way they are, that's not good as well. You visualize his furious expression.

Ugh. It pisses you off to no ends that you're stressed from this whole situation when the games are enough on you.

You close your eyes for a few more minutes then stretch. Fine, maybe you'll do your stupid apology in a day or two when Niragi would hopefully cool off. You get up to switch into your pajamas when you hear a knock at the door.