Chapter 10

April was lazing on her chair at home reading a book, her leg raised on a small stool placed by Nick earlier in the morning. Sarah was watching TV, Nick was gardening and Michelle was washing the dishes.

"I hate washing the dishes," Michelle moaned. She was very annoyed that April could slog off and not do chores for two weeks. Michelle thought to herself that she could not put up with this any longer she had been: folding the laundry, gardening, making beds, vacuuming, swiping, emting, tidying, dusting and mopping for too long.

"It's just because of your stupid leg that you can't help you know it really pisses me off doing this and you know it I am really done."

"What is going on?" Sarah asked as she heard the commotion Michelle was making.

"It's all about April's stupid leg; she is using it as an excuse so she doesn'tr have to do her own chores, don't you think she is acting like an idiot?",said Michelle desperate to find any excuse.

"No, April is hurt."

"It hurts to stand, you don't know what it feels like." Nick came in, "What's going on? I can hear you guys even from the garden"

"April's being really stupid, don't you think?

"You don't understand Mi-", demanded Nick.

"I don't know why Nick you even like her let alone date her!Sarah, what is your problem I thought you were my friend and next time April be more careful and own up to your own mistakes and don't make up excuses and use them to your highest avantage to get out of doing your chores. Why are you both the biggest pair of idiots I have ever seen in my life!" Michelle shouted.

" You don't understand," April shouted, feeling her mind bubbling up at Michelle ready to pounce. and with that she flounced limping and painfully to her room, biting back her tears but they still came in. Then Nick came in and closed the door behind him, "Is it Michelle again?"

"Yeah", April breathed.

"It 's ok, no one is perfect you know, it can be hard but nobody's life is perfect".

They moved closer together.

"You're really pretty you know."

April's chest touched Nick's. She looked into his bright cheery face and his twinkling brown eyes. Then their lips touched each other, embracing. It felt so good, the softness of his lips pushing against hers. It was amazing. They kissed like they never kissed before. There was something amazing about Nick, his soft face pressing against hers. Nick slowly retracted, pulling away with a huge smile playing on his lips.

"I love you", April said dreamily. She sat on his knees and they embraced again but closer together.