Part 10

Charles threw the keys to Peter. "Do me a favor and return it for me."

"Okay." he grinned proudly.

"And, Peter?" Charles stopped before going into the plane. "Take it slow."

Charles went into the plane. He sat down and poured himself a drink. Only to have it disappear from his hand.

Peter stood over him with the glass on his head grinning stupidly. "I decided to let Wally have a share in the adventure so I let him return the car. You thought wrong if you were trying to get rid of me. This is too fun. Haven't had a rush like this in a long time."

Logan picked the glass from off his head and downed it in a gulp. He went into the cockpit, ignoring Charles's whining that it had been his drink.

"So, are they air coordinates?" he asked Hank, who was flipping switches and pressing buttons.

"Yup. You want to know for where?"

Logan was aware of the silence in the cabin. He nodded.

"Have a look for yourself." Hank said gesturing to the monitor.

Logan leaned over. "Where is that?" he asked.

"A place in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a lodge or something."

"How long will it take us to get there?" Peter asked the question on Logan's mind.

"I'd say three to four hours. I improved this plane, so compared with a normal plane it's really fast."

Hank started up the plane and Logan went back into the cabin.

"Exactly why are we going to this place?" Charles asked,  refilling his glass.

Logan put his feet up on the table in front of him. "Erik told me that if weird things happened for us to go there. That we'd get answers."

"That's all he told you?"

"He also said that he hoped we'd never have to go there. Like something bad would be there."

"We'll see when we get there. Boy, this is fun!" Peter rubbed his palms together in excitement. Charles glowered at him. "What? Just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it's not for me? Geez!"

Logan tilted his chair back. After putting on his shades and pulling down the window shade, he shut his eyes.

==============

"Are you sure we're at the right place?" Charles slurred.

"Well, seeing that this is the only house within a hundred mile radius and hoping that Peter isn't lying when he says so - This is the right place." Hank reasoned pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose to look at the house.

Peter stuck his tongue out at Logan before following Charles who was walking in the direction of the house.

When they had landed, Peter's first idea after telling them that there was indeed a house, was to race off to take a peek inside. However before he could do that Logan collared him. Even twenty minutes after he was still upset.

Logan flipped the bird at him before he pulled his glasses off and tucked them in his pants. Without the glasses he could see the house properly.

It wasn't huge like the Westchester mansion but it wasn't a normal size either. It was two stories tall and was made entirely of dark brown wood. Out from the numerous windows, a warm bright light was shining out.

There was something nice about it. The house didn't look cold and evil. In fact, it looked welcoming and loving.

Charles jogged to the steps. Behind him Logan could hear sounds which reminded him of the golden days at the school. Hearing them felt like a blow to the solar plexus.

The voices of children. Laughing, talking, shouting, arguing.

Logan looked at Charles, who's face seemed to be going into some emotional spasm. Even Hank was chewing the inside of his cheek. Logan looked down to realize that even his own hands were shaking.

When he looked up he realized that they were at the steps and that Charles was standing in front of the door. He strode up the steps to stand next to him.

"Charles, are you okay?" Logan asked the Professor.

Charles looked up at him and back at the door.

"Yeah. I just have a very bad feeling about this." He knocked on the door.

============

I'm leaving you guys with two parts today! Please enjoy and don't forget to smash a vote for me!

C. Riverbend