Part 24

"So what's the plan?" you asked. You couldn't help but cling to Hank as you walked along the corridor with the other three in front. The place gave you the heebie jeebies.

"We find Raven and we stop her from killing Trask. End of story." Logan said, disappearing out of sight for a few seconds as they rounded a corner.

"This is it." Hank said, holding the map at an awkward angle because you were holding onto him. You gulped at the sight of the door.

This was the moment where you were going to change history. Where the fate of mutant kind was depending on you all. Where Charles was going to get his sister back. And you all had no idea what was to become of Logan. You looked at Logan worriedly before the door was pushed open.

The sound of grunts and fighting immediately poured out through the open door.

Your jaw dropped slightly as you watched a blue figure take down a person so fast it was a blur. You'd known Raven was good at combat but she'd improved a lot in the past ten years.

After taking the man down she picked up a gun and pointed it at the man you knew had to be Trask.

"Raven!" Charles shouted, his voice a range of emotions. Anger, relief, sadness, and pure happiness at seeing her again.

His tone soon changed when suddenly she fell on the table she had stood on, convulsing all over. "Raven! Raven!" he screamed, rushing at his sister.

You saw what was causing her the pain when Erik, with his mutation, pulled out the tasers in her back and stuck them straight into the man who had shot her with them.

You watched the man writhing on the ground and anger coursed through you. You felt the electricity rushing to your fingertips as you put up the voltage of the tasers making him struggle even more. You stopped when Hank put his hand on your shoulder.

"That's enough." he said, glaring at the man still jolting around from the normal voltage.

"Charles?" you turned to the table where you heard Raven's familiar sweet voice. She was lying on the table, gripping Charles's hand as he kneeled face to face with her. She then tilted her head slightly in your direction. "Kate?"

"Yes, it's me." you said, kneeling down next to Charles and stroked her flaming red hair, looking into her still magnificent yellow eyes. "Erik's here too."

"We've come for you, Erik and I, together." Charles choked out, his tears starting to spill out.

"I never thought I-I'd see you again." she said tearfully.

"I'm going to keep you safe, I'm going to keep you out of their hands." Charles promised her, smiling as he held her like lost treasure.

"Congrats." she suddenly said to you and then looked at the ring on your finger. "I should've been there for it."

You gave a half laugh half chocked sob. "You'll love the kids." you said to her making her smile.

All of the sudden her smile slipped off and her eyes became filled with terror.

"Erik?" her voice trembled. You turned around and froze. You should have known it wouldn't be this easy.

"Erik, what are you doing?" Charles asked, looking at the gun Erik held, the barrel pointed directly at Raven's head.

"Securing our future. Forgive me, Mystique. As long as you're out there we'll never be safe." Erik said, his voice as calm and collected as ever.

"Erik don't. I know you think this is right but please don't." you said standing up. He still trained the gun on Raven but his line of sight was on you. "If you're not going to do it for me, then do it for our children. Please."

"Erik?" you heard Hank say but you weren't looking at him. You were looking behind him at Logan seemed to be writhing in torment.

"Use your powers, Charles, stop him." Raven gasped making your heart drop. She always had such faith in him.

"He can't." Erik said, his face stone cold expressionless. "I'm sorry mein lieb," he said to you, "I must."

Just as he was about to pull the trigger you made a blunt baton from your dark matter and quickly smacked it across his wrist, making him drop the gun.

The next second was a whirl. Raven getting up and running to the window, Hank throwing himself at Erik, and Erik pulling the trigger with magnetic force.

It felt like slow motion as the bullet curved out of sight, following Raven who'd jumped out the window. Your heart pounded in your chest, not knowing if it had hit her and where.

You rushed to the window, ignoring the fight behind you, only worried about her safety. You gave a sigh of relief, seeing her standing up but then you felt angry as everyone in the crowd stared and gasped and pointed. There was a collective gasp when she morphed into a bystander.

"KATE, STOP HIM!" you heard Hank's growl behind you and turned in time to see Erik walking towards your window.

"Get out of the way." he whispered. "I won't hurt you."

"You already have." you replied before rushing at him.

With your blood manipulating mutation you stopped his feet, making him fall face first but he caught himself with his force. You jumped at him when he'd straightened up and in mid air you made a portal to fall above him. You fell on his shoulders and swung yourself so your knees were in a lock around his neck. You thought you had him until he fell back, crashing you onto your back making you cry out in pain. He got off of you and pulled a table over you, restraining you from moving.

"Forgive me." he said before floating out the window.

============

Date : Sunday, 30 May, 2021

Word count: 988

When I opened up wattpad to update I couldn't believe my eyes! Over a 100 notifications is a lot for me! Thank you soooooo much guys! 

Please continue to vote and comment! 

Your very happy writer, 

C. Riverbend