Chapter Seventeen

×Chapter Seventeen×
×Goodbyes Mean Nothing Compared To Lost×

Gilbert couldn't stop his shaky hand from running through his currently unruly hair. He shared glances with Matthew, who looked like he was going to die. Ivan was unusually quiet and Ludwig kept cursing under his breath, looking over his shoulder and his eyes widening whenever a police car got too close.

"I knew zis wasn't going to work..." Roderich whimpered, paler than usual. Lars huffed, wrapping an arm around the younger teen. Just when they thought they lost them, the mounted police were straight ahead.

"Fick!" Gilbert growled, taking a sharp turn. He didn't know if they lost themselves in the forest, but all he knew was that this wasn't supposed to happen. His plan was supposed to work. They were supposed to be free. He was tired of running, of looking over his shoulder, of worrying and bring unawesome despite what he says on a daily basis. He was lost in his thoughts for a quick second but the sirens broke him out of his trance.

"Bruder, take another turn" Ludwig ordered. Gilbert complied and the car severed to the right. He pressed down on the gas harder, looking through the outside rearview mirrors.

"GILBERT!" Matthews shrill scream made him look away and his eyes widened as he tried pulling the brakes, only for the car to lose control and venture into the woods. The group screamed as the car tumbled down a cliff, and in five seconds, it hit the lower forest ground. They went in and out of consciousness before Lars kicked open the left backseat door.

"C'mon, they ain't giving up so neither would we" he growled, dragging Roderich out. The boy shivered, feeling something warm and wet trail down his face but he didn't care for what it was. He heard the cars pull to a stop and the sound of multiple doors closing shut.

"They're going to look for us down here, hurry up!" Lars whisper-shouted. Gilbert dragged both Matthew and Ludwig and and poked his head inside. Matthew screamed unintentionally, his face becoming an unnatural shade of pale as he looked at the back window. Ivan's head was snapped in an uncomfortable position, blood pouring down from his upper forehead, his nose, and mouth. He was also impaled by many shards of glass. In all, it looked to be a scene out of an horror movie.

"Oh god...Ivan, man, wake up!" Gilbert cried, punching the unmoving boy. Ludwig stepped forward and reached his hand out, pressing it by Ivan's neck pulse. His eyes widened as he pulled back abruptly, as if he was burnt.

"H-he's not breathing...bruder, he's not breathing!" Lars turned Roderich away, shutting his eyes closed and his posture went rigid. Roderich shook, not bothering to try looking at the situation.

"IVAN!!! Ivan, please!!! No! Non non non! Non Ivan s'il vous plaît non!" Matthew sobbed, hitting the already damaged car. Gilbert dragged him away, trying to shut him up as he heard chatter coming closer to them.

"Split up! Call us if you can and give us the directions IF you reach town, got it?" Everyone nodded and ran off. They didn't have time to mourn the lost of their friend, but what they can do is continue on running. It was what Ivan would've wanted.

...

Roderich kneeled over, desperately trying to catch his breath. He tried reaching out to Lars, but with his vision blurred by held back tears, he could barely find the outline of his boyfriend. It certainly didn't help that it was still night out and being in the woods with tall trees blocking the dim moonlight.