Chapter Twelve

×Chapter Twelve×
×I'll Change×

He ran, not sparing a look back when he heard two set of feet right behind him. Perhaps he overreacted but all his life he was never shown affection, love, care. So when hearing someone say they him in an romantic way and he returns the feelings, of course he'll react in some bizzare way.

Taking a sharp turn, he met with an dead end and the footsteps came to halt. Running a shaky hand through his hair, Matthew turned around, wincing at the sight of his friends. They care about him amd ran after him probably just to hug them.

"Matthew vait! Just...just let us talk to you, okay?" Ludwig says, voice unusually soft and not serious. Roderich stood behind him, kneeling over and hands on knees, his breath coming out raspy like. Feeling bad for the younger brother, Matthew sighed and walked over to them. Ludwig sat down by the curb, Roderich and Matthew sitting on each side of him. Picking up a rock, he threw it across the street, watching as it landed on the other side.

"You know we won't ever judge you, right? You're part of our family, a special place. Our peace keeper, our friend, our Matthew" Roderich says, playing with the hem of his coat. Nodding, Matthew pressed his knees against his chest and secured his arms around them, a saddened look occupying the once guilty look he wore.

"I'm stupid...to even tell Gilbert my feelings. I should know that'll he never like me that way, who would?" He says sadly.

"Nein, Matthew, many would die to be able to hold your hand, hug you and kiss you" Ludwig says with an light blush, stracthing the back of his head. Roderich nodded, a shy blush crepting up on him.

"Thank you, both of you. I love you two so much, always by my side in the darkest times. Roderich knew about my prostitution and you, Ludwig, knew about my suicide attempts or was there to clean me up after my recent beatings. I don't know how else to repay you both" Matthew wiped a few stray tears away, being brought into an embrace. They remained like that for an minute before pulling away, Matthew sniffling a bit.

"I just can't help but wonder if Gilbert meant what he said. Does he really love me?" They quieted down, Ludwig and Roderich knowing that their older brother did indeed love the small Canadian. Before they can say anything, an all to familiar accented voice spoke.

"I do" the three jumped in surprise, turning around to see Gilbert standing behind them. Both his brothers jumped up, Ludwig helping Matthew and Roderich up. Gilbert nodded at them, a silent way of saying to leave, which they complied to immediately. Gilbert and Matthew watched in amusement as Ludwig knelt so Roderich could climb onto his back and carry the exhausted boy back home. After a long moment of silence, Matthew spoke.

"Gil, I'm so sorry about the way I acted. I shouldn't have yelled at you. Its just I get so worried about you and you always getring into figh-" a pair of slightly chapped lips connecting with his soft one's cut Matthew off, who stood shock. Eyes wide as he saw Gilbert leaning over him, eyes closed peacefully as the albino's lips moved expertly against his. Blushing, Matthew wrapped his arms over the older boy's neck and kissed back with the same amount of passion and gentleness. Large hands trailed down to the small of Matthew's back, going lower and groping the Canadian's butt, getting a squeak from said boy. Pulling away, Gilbert smiled wolfishly and picked up Matthew bridal style. The boy squeaked in surprise, arms immediately wrapping around the German teen's neck, head buried in the crook of said boy's shoulder.

"D-dont drop me!" Matthew mumbled, grip tightening once Gilbert began to walk.

"I won't, liebe. I won't."

"Arthur?" Said man looked up from his bool, meeting the eyes of his husband. Francis sat next to him, a poker face hiding the Frenchman's true feelings. Worried, Arthur have all his attention to Francis, book now forgotten on the floor.

"What is it, love?" Arthur asks softly, intertwining their hands together. Francis' was slightly smaller than him, soft and unblemished, a stunning silver ring with emerald gems going around it sat on his ring finger finger. Francis forced a calm expression and pulled his hand away, looking down at his shoes.

"It's about Matthieu...I found his journal. Arthur...Matthieu was..."

Next Chapter Preview-

"Why did you not tell us?!" Alfred yelled, getting a flinch from the sobbing Canadian. Matthew looked up in disbelief, anger taking over the sadness.

"You were n-never there for m-me! None of you! God, I fucking hate you!" Matthew ran up to his room, slamming the door shut. The three stood still, shock and guilt evident on their features.

"Mon petit never cussed before..." Francis whispered. Alfred shook his head, eyes trailing up the staircase.

"He never uses the word hate..."

A/N- Sorry it's short! Hope you enjoyed!