Chapter 32

This was wrong. So very wrong. Though the feeling of his lips sent small sparks through me, I was still disgusted, very much so. My brain finally registered what was going on when Chase bit my lip. I pulled back quickly sending him a fierce glare.

How dare he?! The audacity!

"What in the goddess' name do you think you're doing?! Did you really think I would want you of all people in this world! I have a mate for goddess' sake! I love him! More than I could ever love you! Do you know what you put me through in this pack?! You starved me, you beat me, you insulted me and everything I was! I tried to ignore you, I became mute, I did everything as asked but did you spare me?! No! I lost myself, the happy little kid who used to love the snow and her mother, you broke me. My pieces finally came together with Conner and Winter and Axle! There is nothing you can do or say that will make me ever, ever, want you. So if you try that shit again and it causes a rift between me and Conner in some way... I will kill you!"

My breath was coming out in hard pants, the air around me fogging as I lost control of my ice powers. They were much harder to keep in check than my heating side. Chase looked at me, stunned, regretful, sad and... is he turned on?! I twisted my face. Ew.

He looked at the ground ashamed but did I crack? Fuck no. His feelings meant nothing to me. I turned, my hair slapping him in the face and walked out. Bitch move 101.

I was so angry, I almost bumped into Eve and Caroline on my way out. They stood there, mouths agape, eyes wide and watching me closely.

"I can explain." I rushed to say.

Caroline crossed her arms and Eve put a hand to her hip.

"Explain." The said at the same time.

"Uh...." I didn't actually think they would listen.

"Uh what Gemma?" Eve demanded.

"Ok this may be the pack that abused me and Alpha Chase may be my old mate but that's no big deal." I said pushing them outside.

"No big deal? No big deal?! Gemma this is huge!" Caroline said.

"And you have to tell Conner or we will!" Eve threatened.

"I can't guys! Tell Conner that the pack he's helping, the pack that he stayed in and whose alpha he had a conversation with abused me for twelve freaking years! No way!" I hissed.

"We will tell him Gemma. We are loyal to our alpha even when we have to go against you." Caroline muttered. I looked at her slightly shocked. I expected that speech from Eve and not her. "Don't look at me like that! You know I'm right." She argued.

"Fine. I'll tell him." Later.

"Now." Both girls said.

I swear sometimes they could read my mind. Eve pointed to the direction where Conner's scent was coming from. I looked there then back at the girls with pleading eyes. Caroline shook her head and pointed like Eve. I huffed. So much for girl power.

I hung my head and walked towards Conner with the girls behind me. He was talking with some other alpha about where to station their wolves. His gaze turned to me being lead by the girls and he frowned. I seemed to shrink more. Oh goddess.

It's not even been a day and I still find myself starting drama. It's like I'm a magnet and it's metal. I hate it.

I stood next to him, looking at the dirt and kicked it with my shoe. "Can we talk?" I whispered.

He excused himself from the alpha and dragged me to a secluded part of the forest. Good. No one around  he can accidentally kill in his fit rage.

"Well... I... I uh..." Words seemed to fail me. I have not looked up at Conner since and don't plan to.

"This is it. Blood River pack is Moon Dust pack." I whispered.

Silence.

Then I watched as he tensed. When I peeked up, his eyes were a blazing gold and he was about to transform. A scent hit my nose. Ocean and lemongrass. My eyes widened. What the fuck is he doing here?!

Conner growled as he caught the scent. He figured it out and Chase was dead meat. Oh shit. Conner was in lycan form a split second later, demolishing everything in his path, following Chase's scent.

I panicked and chased after him, jumping on his huge hairy back, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Conner, calm down, let's talk about this. We can-" I was cut off when Conner ripped me off his back, gently I must add and threw me. I landed in a cloud of shadows and they held me in place.

I struggled against them.

"Conner! Conner come back here! Let me go! Conner! Don't do anything stupid! We have war in less than a day! Conner!" my pleas went to dead ears as I was totally engulfed in shadows.

Oh when I get out of here, someone will pay.

*****
Huh. Not updated in a long time. So this chapter is short but for it's special reasons. The next is going to be sooooo dramatic.

What did you all think of the kiss? I personally think she should've hit him harder.

And Eve and Caroline being little snitches, gotta hate to love 'em.