Chapter 33

Conner's POV
I've never felt rage like this before. It consumes your soul until nothing is left but the need for vengeance. I will rip that no good alpha to bits and dance on his bloody grave! He hurt her, everyone in his pack hurt her and I was going to kill them all. Starting with him.

"Conner! Conner come back here! Let me go! Conner! Don't do anything stupid! We have war in less than a day! Conner!" Gemma shouted from her little prison of shadows.

I knew that but at the moment, it didn't matter. What mattered was my mate was hurt and I knew who did it. They. Will. Pay.

I saw him, in his wolf form, black and brown, drinking from a lake. His form barely went past my muscled chest. His head turned to my direction and he instantly went into a battle stance, bearing his teeth at me.

'He must perish.' Axle said in my head and I couldn't agree more.

I charged at him and he did the same. He jumped, aiming for my neck and I dodged, grabbing him, being sure to dig my claws into his flesh and threw him into a tree. He struggled to get up but I gave him time, watching, calculating, waiting.

I wasn't going to let him have an easy death. I would not use my shadows to quickly end him. No, I wanted blood and I wanted him to suffer like Gemma did. All those sleepless nights she had, all the times she slightly flinched when someone raised their hand. She thinks I don't see it. I do.

I try to make her feel better, get her mind off things but I'm not successful sometimes and it just made the hatred I have for those who broke her grow. Five years I've been with Gemma and I love her with everything that makes me... me. She will not suffer again. Ever. I will protect her with my last breath.

The only way for her to be at peace with herself is to be at peace with her past and this little piece of shit dying will help her cause... I think. I'm mostly killing him for me.

He stood strong and he came at me once again. He made a move to go for my neck again but when I blocked, he used that as a distraction to claw my belly and bite my arm. I growled, grabbing him by his front paw and punching him in the face repeatedly. He dropped to the ground, defeated.

I raised my arm to make the final strike and end him but a shield of water protected him. I looked up to see Gemma, her blue hair was everywhere and covered in mud and leaves. Her clothes were torn and she has small cuts on her. I frowned looking at her injuries.

"How did you escape?" I asked, my voice growly.

She maintained her angry face even as she shivered at the sound of my voice. "Well babe I'm the freaking white wolf, I can do whatever the fuck that I want." She angrily said as she came to me. I watched her hips sway and tilted my head. She noticed me looking.

"Uh uh nope! Nooooo! Conner, stop that. Move away from Chase now or so help me I will sleep in the couch for a month." she threatened.

I growled low but did as asked. I blame the mate bond. Gemma removed the shield of water from Chase, sitting cross legged before him. I knew what she was about do do but I had only seen her so it once with Ash.

She wants to call it Blood bending because of some anime movie she likes watching. Small droplets of blood rose from where Chase was cut and she made them into the shape like the scar. Chase's wolf lifted off the ground and she covered the wounds, sealing them and freezing the blood over it. Werewolf healing kicked in and Chase's skin started to stitch together. His body lowered to the ground before he started shifting back and unlike gifted wolves, he had no clothes so all his body parts were out.

I growled ready to kill him again but Gemma splashed water in my face with a giggle. I huffed at her. She took off her jacket and threw it over Chase's unconscious form. She turned to me and motioned for me to follow her.

"Come on Conner. Someone will find Chase... eventually. We need to talk." Gemma said.

I shifted back, following behind her to the house we where staying at. We met Caroline and Ash on the way but seeing the angry look on my face, they didn't ask and went back to what they were doing.

Gemma opened our bedroom door and featured for me to sit on the bed. I did, putting my elbows on my knees and watching as she paced in front of me.

"You shouldn't have done that." She said.

"I know."

"And this is all my fault."

"In a way."

"That's not helping me Conner."

"Well it's not supposed to. You didn't want to tell me about this place. Why? Did you think that I would prefer to be ignorant? If Caroline and Eve didn't force you tell me would you have?" I asked angrily standing up.

Gemma looked at me pained. "It's not like that Conner, it's just-"

"It's just you would have rather lied to me. You know what hurts? Not the fact that you didn't want to tell me but knowing that I wasn't worth being told the truth." I said before pushing past her. "If you need me I'll be preparing for the attack with the other alphas. The Lunas are rounding up medical supplies and helping hide the children. You should go join them."

I walked out of the room, grabbing a grey hoodie and throwing it on. I put my hands on my pockets and went to finish planning. I joined the other alphas in one of the war rooms and Chase was already there. I wanted to pluck his damn eyeballs out but I didn't. We were at war and we needed to be organised.

When I looked out the window, I saw Gemma talking to one of the other Lunas. I think she was called Avery. Her eyes met mine through the glass but I looked away. I would have to deal with this later. Not now.

******
Bruh... the emotion, the anger, the hurt...

Ugh it's just all too much.

Will they fix things before the battle, will they not, let's wait for the end at update!

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day! I'm going to listen to sad songs and watch Netflix for the day. What are you doing or what did you do?