Chapter 3

Areum's POV:

-The next morning-
     I was notified by Chan they we'd be having a meeting discussing a mission. Yesterday while walking through the mansion I tried to memorize the layout of most of the rooms....but as soon as I left my room I forgot where everything was. I wondered through the halls for bit until I ran into another member, that hadn't met yet. He had jet black hair, and was pretty tall "If you're heading to the meeting room....its the other way." He pointed out, then began walking away "Oh...yeah...I knew that." I say catching up to him "I'm Areum by the way." "Hyunjin." He simply said not even glancing at me once. The rest of the walk to the meeting room was....silent. Hyunjin opened the door and everyone else was already sitting at the long wooden table; I sat in a empty chair at the end. "The reason for this meeting...is that...Ateez is back." Chan tells everyone, my heart sinks form hearing that name (one that I haven't heard in over four years).

Its a long story about how I know Ateez...so here is the short version. Ateez works along side my father, so I was pretty close with them (basically grew up with them), so close me and one of the members were in a relationship for a while....but I left. I still vividly remember the hurt and betrayed look on Seonghwa's face when I was leaving the mafia life...for a normal one. "Areum...are you listening?" Chan asks snapping me out of my thoughts, I nod. Chan continues to talk "Me, Areum, Hyunjin, Jisung, and Felix will be on the inside. While the rest of you are monitoring the five of us from the van."

Apparently where Ateez are located is a local club here in Seoul, I've never been to one in my life even before I left (because we were mainly training nonstop). Before I made it back to my room Chan gave me a dress to wear....I don't know why he had it, but I let that thought go and put on when I got to my room. The dress was black, almost skin tight, and it went up to my knees. When I left my room, there was guy with dark blue hair standing near the end of the hallway; he walked up to me when he saw me. "Sure you can take care of yourself out there?" He asks, the both of us start walking "Yes, I'm pretty sure I can. I'm stronger than I look. I could probably beat you in a 1 v 1." I say with a cocky smile "Oh....I wouldn't be so cocky. I'm Jisung by the way." "Areum....but you probably already knew that." Jisung nods his head yes.

A long drive later, we parked a few buildings away from the actual club. "Here put these in your ears so we can communicate with each other. I'm Minho, this is Changbin, Seungmin, Felix and you've already met Jeongin." Minho says pointing at each member he was introducing "Ok enough talking we have a mission to do." Hyunjin says sliding the van door open and stepped out, soon after the five of us followed him "Oh....and one more thing....don't get caught." Minho says before sliding the van door shut. That's when my started racing and my hands got a little sweaty "They shouldn't be able to recognize me....right." I kept thinking to myself, while we were walking to the club.

When the five of us entered the club it smelt like alcohol and sweat....which are not two the two best smells when combined. I looked around and I already saw two members of Ateez...my heart sank. "This is such a bad idea...why am I here?" I kept going on in my head "Hey....you ok?" Jisung asks snapping me out of thoughts "Oh...yeah." I reply nervously "Ok just making sure. Don't want you getting distracted on your first mission. Good luck." He says before walking into the crowd of people, soon after I to walk into the crowd. "What exactly are we here for?" I ask "We're not here for anything....we're just seeing what they're up to." Chan answered "So....we're spying on them?" "That's one way to put it."

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and that resulted in me bumping into someone "Oh my gosh...I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying atten-" I looked up and saw Seonghwa, I froze not knowing what to do. He looked at me confused (like he was trying to remember who I was) for a few seconds before he recognized me. "A-Areum? What are doing here? Where have you been these past four years?" "Ummm...I think you have the wrong person." I say about to walk away but he grabbed my arm stopping me "Areum, I know its you." I looked around to if the others were around, I didn't see them so I quickly dragged him in the women's bathroom, then into a stall and locked the door. "Ok I some so explaining to do....but I don't hove enough time, so I'll give you the short explanation. My dad called me a few days ago and made a deal with me....if I get every bit of information of Stray Kids....he'll give me enough money to pay off my debt. But when I agreed I didn't think running into or the others, I thought if I ran into you....you'd be mad." "Why would be mad?" "B-Because I left you and I-I didn't explain why." I tell him with tear filling my eyes "I would never be mad at you, Areum. That was your choice....I respected it, even if it did hurt me to see you leave." He says with tear also filling his eyes "I'm...I'm so sorry Seonghwa, I never meant to hurt you. I-I guess I never re-really thought about how you...you felt." I say wiping the fallen tears off of his face.

I then remembered that I still had a mission to finish, I wiped the fallen tears off my face "I have to go before they suspect anything. Can you promise me not tell the others that I'm back....please." I ask him unlocking the stall door and opening it, Seonghwa slowly nods his head. I was about to leave but Seonghwa grabbed my arm, pulled me back toward him and our lips met. I didn't realize how much I missed until that moment. Once I left surprisingly nobody noticed I was gone. The only thing Ateez were making allies with another group....which probably means they're planning something.

_________________________

This is the longest chapter I've had to type up so far. I'm hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try to get chapter 4 up as soon as I can. Anyway I hope you have great day/night.