In the rain

It was a Tuesday night, all was quiet except for the sound of the pouring rain hitting the concrete. I was walking home from matt apartment in the pouring rain since I had forgotten my umbrella when I saw a familiar face standing under the tiny ledge of the library. It was kari, kari kamiya. Kari and I have been best friends since the second grade. she was drenched from head to toe and was still in her school uniform seeking shelter
under the tiny ledge from the rain.
"what's a pretty girl like you doing out in the rain" I joked
"your worse at flirting then davis" kari shot back
"sorry about that" I said calmly "I guess you forgot your umbrella too huh"
"yea" kari said clearly embarrassed "I called my brother but he wasn't picking up"
"oh well no sense of waiting here, let me walk you home"  I said as I extended my hand towards her
" how chivalrous" she said jokingly
We started walking towards the kamiya apartment but it was a good 10 minutes away. I looked over at her as we kept walking, god she was prefect. Her short silky brunette colour hair brushed behind her ears with a clip holding it in place. Her pale skin was a nice contrast to her dark brown eyes. I snapped back to reality only to see her shivering, oh shit I forgot she was in short sleeves and a skirt.
"oh my gosh" I blurred out "you must be so cold, take my blazer"
she looked at me like I was crazy but when I wrapped my dark green blazer around her she didn't resist one bit.
"you really didn't have to do that" she said with a hint of concern in her voice "you'll catch a cold you know"
" I would rather have a cold then see you have a cold any day of the week kar" I said as I smiled back at her "plus I don't think your brother would be very impressed if I brought you home sick"
she smiled sheepishly and we kept walking. We walked up to her apartment building, I was about to say goodbye when she stopped me.
"tk" she whispered quietly "can i ask you something?"
"uh sure" I said eager to get back to the warmth my apartment "just make it quick because it's kinda raining out h-"
before I could even finish my sentence her lips met mine. it was magical, or as izzy would say "prodigious!" I was surprised but not surprised enough to stop her. Her lips were soft, I almost forgot we were in the rain. I place one hand around her waist and the other behind her head. Davis was going to be pissed at me. After what felt like an incredible eternity she pulled back and looked into my eyes.
"See you tomorrow tk" she said as she slowly walk away and retreated into her apartment building
I was still in shock i didn't have a chance to respond, I turned around and headed back to my apartment with a certain smile i couldn't get off my face. I had done it at last.

Author's note: hey! here is my first little story, hope you enjoyed it. if you have suggestions please let me know, i would love to hear them :)