she wants to cuddle

Alycia was getting bored. Beside you, she tried to occupy herself and let you have a little time to read your new book that arrived only early this morning.

But on her day off, she wanted to spend it soaking up as much time as she could with you.

You sat at the other end of the couch looking adorable with a cozy blanket over your lap, her shirt on, and your lip between your teeth as you got lost in well-written words on every page, finding yourself increasingly entranced with every line.

She turned off the tv and moved closer to you. She gently gathered your hair in her hand and brushed it from one side of your neck to the other.

You cracked a smile as she brushed her fingertips along your arm, but you didn't look at her. That would mean looking away from your book, and you were too hooked to do that right now.

But she was becoming needy, craving your attention and your touch.

She laid her cheek on your arm and you looked over at her from the corner of your eye, finding her gazing up at you with those big eyes that you love so much.

"What are you doing?"

"Reading." You replied with a chuckle and turned the page.

"oh," she mumbled and bit her cheek, letting the silence hit the air for a moment before it became too much for her. "How's the book?"

"Incredible."

"Got a lot to go still?" She wondered to which you bookmarked the page with your index finger before looking at her.

She was staring at you with eyes full of hope, wishing that your answer would be no, despite noticing that the pages to go were much thicker than the pages you've previously read.

"Alycia? What's going on?" You wondered and then felt her fingers brushing along your arm again.

"It's my day off. I know you're busy reading and I can tell you're really enjoying yourself so I won't ask you to put it down right now. But I've missed you. I've missed holding you close, missed kissing you and feeling your heartbeat against mine. Can we just cuddle for right now?"

"You want to cuddle, baby? If that's what you want, you know you don't have to ask me. You could've just brought me into your arms."

She giggled and laid back against the other end while you scooted to lay against her, your back against her chest and your legs tangling together while her arm wrapped around you.

You tried to get back to reading, but you couldn't focus. Not with her fingers brushing through your hair and her lips brushing against the crown of your head repeatedly.

It was too hard to focus, too hard to fall back into the story when you have a girlfriend who's been yearning for a day like this to spend with you and wants nothing more than to spend quality time with you.

So you bookmarked the page and put your book aside. She frowned when you tilted your head back to look up at her.

"Why'd you do that? I said you didn't have to put it down. I was happy like this."

"I know. But I've missed you too and I couldn't focus on my book when I know that I'd really rather spend the day with you. There'll be other days to finish this book but for today, I am all yours."

The smile on her face that followed was big and bright, melting your heart. She leaned down to capture your lips with her own and brought you in for a loving kiss.

"I love you, y/n,"

"I love you too, Alycia. Now, what do you want to do? I'm happy with anything."

"Well, in that case, I'm happy to just lay here and hold you. If that's okay."

You kissed her again, this time reaching a hand up to caress her cheek as her lips moved in perfect sync with your own.

"Sounds perfect, babe. Absolutely perfect."