kissing in the rain

"Are you having fun?" Alycia asked as you strolled through the park together, hand in hand and all smiles.

"Are you kidding?" You giggled and kissed her cheek and watched her smile grow. "I'm having the best time. I always have fun with you, Alycia. No matter what we do. I just love being with you. I'm really happy right now."

"Same here, baby." She said and brought your hand to her lips to press a soft kiss to your knuckles before she let it fall back to her side and swung it back and forth as you continued your walk.

You can't remember the last time you felt this happy. Your time together has been pretty scarce lately. Your job is keeping you busy and, of course, Alycia's has, too. On top of that, she's pretty in demand right now. Auditions, interviews, filming, and photoshoots have kept her insanely busy.

So you're cherishing every minute by her side today. She treated you to a meal at your favorite place in town. Now you're on a walk through the park, letting the sun shine on your shoulders... sorta.

The sun had been out when you left the restaurant, but since then it's gone behind the grey clouds. You didn't think too much of it, because there hadn't been anything said about rain this evening. You both thought that, in time, the sun would come back out.

You put your head against her shoulder and began to talk about anything and everything together as you continue your stroll.

But just a few minutes later, you decided to stare up at the sky. You noticed that the clouds had become dark grey and you became a little chilly when you felt a cool breeze suddenly begin to blow. You watched the branches sway on the trees and watched the clouds move.

"I think it's going to rain." You told Alycia, who quickly gazed up at the sky. Her eyes went big when she realized just how dark it'd become.

"Yeah, it looks like it. How about we head home before it gets too bad? Maybe we can just curl up together with a good movie on."

"Okay." You grinned.

She stopped walking so she could give you a sweet kiss. However, she pulled away just as fast as her lips hit yours because there was a loud clap of thunder in the distance.

"We have a few minutes to get back to the car, but let's hurry just to be safe."

You nodded and took her hand before you started to walk faster than before. You'd made it so far through the park that you had quite a distance till you'd get back to the car. Alycia knew this and she wanted to get there before it began to pour down so you could stay dry and warm. She tugged at your hand as she sped up a little, your feet now moving much faster than before.

But you weren't quite fast enough.

Just a moment later, you felt a few drops of rain fall onto your shoulder. The thunder crashed again and Alycia went wide-eyed when she realized just how close it was.

"I think we're almost to the car." She said.

But you knew you were not close enough to escape the beginning of the terrible storm that was coming. You felt the rain fall harder against your skin and this time, the drops didn't stop. They began to pour, quickly soaking through your clothes.

You ran a little faster, your shoes sloshing under you with every step you took. The car came into your sight a moment later and you felt relieved to know that it wouldn't be much longer until you got inside, where you'd hopefully begin to warm up and dry off.

But suddenly, Alycia froze on her feet, and since she was holding your hand to keep you by her side, you did the same.

The rain slowed down a little as she turned around to face you. It almost felt like her heart was going to pound out of her chest when she saw you. She was mesmerized by you. You always manage to take her breath away; you have every single day since you got together a few months ago. She's sure that that feeling won't ever go away when it's you that she's planning on spending every day with.

"What?" You chuckled, staring at her in confusion, and she couldn't help but smile at how cute you looked.

"Nothing. You're just so beautiful. You know that?"

"You tell me every day." You reminded her and she grinned as she stepped closer and closer, until she could drop her forehead against yours. "Shouldn't we get to the car?"

"We will in a minute." She said and laced your fingers together. "But before we do that, there's something I really want to do."

You nodded at her, waiting to see what she had up her sleeve.

She started to lean in and, instinctively, you closed your eyes. Her lips hit yours as the rain started to pour again.

But instead of pulling away and racing to the car, you melted into her kiss and looped your arms around her neck to try to pull her closer. She sighed against your lips, her warm breath fanning against them as she moved her lips in perfect sync with yours for a deep but romantic kiss.

Sparks began to fly as the rain continued to soak through your clothes and fall onto your skin. Your lips continued to move against hers sweetly and you wished that the moment wouldn't ever end.

But sadly, it did just a moment later, which was a moment too soon for you. Your chest filled with butterflies as she smiled at you, gazing at you as she'd never seen anything so mesmerizing in her life before. She let her knuckles gently brush against your cheek.

"Somehow, you made that even better than I ever imagined it could be. Doesn't surprise me though. You make everything better."

You giggled and then pushed your lips back onto hers for another sweet kiss, only for it to be more of a peck. Because she was pulling away as soon as you started to shiver in her arms.

"Cold?"

"A little."

"Okay, baby. Let's get you home."

She kissed you once more before taking your hand back into hers and leading you to the car, where she promised to give you all the cuddles you wanted for the rest of the day.