she forgets your birthday (requested)

You thought when you'd wake up this morning that Alycia would be there beside you.

But, to your surprise, when you opened your eyes, you found that she wasn't in bed with you.

"Alycia?" You called out, wondering if she was in the bathroom or something.

But when you got out of bed and went into the bathroom to see if she was there, you found that the light was off and it was empty.

You couldn't help but wonder where she could be.

You went downstairs and found her curled up on the sofa with a blanket on her lap.

She smiled when she saw you and immediately pulled you onto her lap when you were close enough.

"Good morning." She said.

"Good morning!"

She giggled upon seeing how cheerful you felt.

"You're in a very good mood this morning." She grinned and kissed your shoulder.

"Well, I haven't checked my phone just yet, but I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of messages from my friends and family because it's my birthday. I'm excited about it!"

You turned to look back at her and saw that she was looking extremely confused.

"It's your birthday?"

"Did you forget?" You asked and watched as she frowned before she scoffed.

"Of course I didn't!" She said as she tried to pretend that she didn't forget.

"Alycia, if you did, I understand."

That's what you said, but the look in your eyes said differently. You looked so hopeful, secretly hoping she'd say she didn't forget and that she meant it.

But you saw the guilty look in her eyes and you knew she truly did forget.

You looked so sad as it sank in and Alycia's heart broke.

"Oh, baby. I'm so sorry." She said as she pulled you in for a hug. "I didn't mean to forget. I've just been so busy lately."

"I understand. It's not that important anyway."

"Oh, c'mon, my love. That's so untrue. Your birthday is so incredibly special and important to me and I feel so awful for forgetting."

"It's okay."

"It's not." She sighed as she brushed her hand along the small of your back. "You know what, babe? Let's go celebrate!"

"We don't have to."

"We need to. Let's go out for breakfast! We'll go to your favorite spot. Then we can go see a movie or go out for a walk or shopping or anything else you want!"

"Cuddles," you smiled.

"Okay. Cuddles and a birthday dessert later this evening. Sounds wonderful."

You giggled and kissed her on her cheek.

"Okay, baby girl! Go upstairs and get ready so we can go!" She said and you rushed upstairs, excited to spend your birthday by her side.