Chapter Three

The next morning, Aleks woke up earlier than Kevin did, searching the room for said boy. He never did come to bed... Aleks thought with a frown. He sat up and stretched with a yawn. I guess I should go wake him up, the couch must've been uncomfortable. And, he did just that, except in an unusual way, I guess you can say. Aleks grinned grimly and ran to the other side of the room to the closet, opened the door, and started looking through the pile of clothes on the floor. I know what'll wake him up. He thought with the same grin. He pulled the old radio out of the clothes infested closet and drug it down the stairs, into the living room.

Aleks then lifted it up onto the coffee table that sat adjacent to the couch that cradled the sleeping Kevin. With a small laugh, Aleks poked Kevin's cheek, making Kevin grumble in his sleep. Facing the radio, Aleks turned it on with low volume, increasing the volume every few seconds. Seeing no reaction yet from the sleeping boy, Aleks went to slightly increase it more, but his hand slipped and accidentally turned it up to 30. He jumped along with Kevin, Kevin screaming slightly when he awoke, glaring at his Russian boyfriend. Aleks started laughing as the music kept blaring through the speakers.

"Leksi!" Kevin whined. "Turn it down!"

Aleks then laughed again and yelled, "Turn down for what?"

This made Kevin glare at him again while grabbing a pillow and throwing it at the laughing boy. Aleks stopped laughing and turned the radio off, giggling to himself as Kevin rubbed his ears. "Good morning, babe."

"Fuck off." Kevin grumbled.

"Kevin please."

Standing off the couch, Kevin hit Aleks on the head somewhat gentle and made his way to the bathroom. Aleks stared at the radio before groaning inwardly to himself. I forgot I actually had to put this thing back... But it's been so long since we had it out. I wonder if I could keep it out here. Aleks smiled small and turned the volume nob down before turning it back on. He switched it to a soft song station--yeah, they had those--and he turned it up a little more before smiling in content.

This was his and Kevin's song, the song Aleksandr played for Kevin when he asked him out to the Senior prom. It seemed like an eternity away to Aleks, but it had only been about two or three years ago. Aleks closed his eyes and started swaying his body back and forth ever so slightly. He started to hum when Kevin walked back into the room, stopping and looking confused at the content boy. Kevin listened to the song for a few seconds before recognizing it. He smiled warmly and walked up behind Aleks, wrapping his arms around the slightly shorter male. Aleks jumped, but relaxed when Kevin rested his chin on his shoulder.

"I remember this song." Kevin whispered, closing his eyes as well and swaying with his boyfriend.

"Yeah?" Aleks asked softly.

Kevin breathed a small laugh and nodded, "Yeah. How could I forget?"

"Best year of your child life, huh?" Aleks asked with a smug grin.

The two chuckled and Kevin leaned his temple against Aleks', whispering, "Yeah."

Aleks began to hum along to the words and Kevin took a deep breath inward. The memory of that night flooded into Kevin's mind; the candles, the bridge, the moon, the stars, the unusually large cloud they laughed at, the guitar music, the shock of the ordeal. Everything. This caused Kevin to smile like a schoolgirl around her crush, because that's exactly how he felt when it happened. Him and Aleks were only really good friends at the time, seeing as the age difference seemed like a large number to them. When Aleks asked Kevin to prom, he was nervous as hell, Kevin could tell. His hands slightly shook as he strummed the strings on the guitar and looked at the younger boy. Kevin giggled to himself.