Part Five

While the thick tension which had previously engulfed me and Mo had seemingly dissipated, it was fair to say that things weren't the same as before, individually we had both recovered, Mo returned to her organised, calm and intelligent self while I reverted back to my introverted, nervous self. But the relationship was different, walking to school on our fourth day we weren't chatting or making small talk as we usually would have, Mo stared ahead intently while my gaze drifted to the floor, the loud music emitting from my headphones were enough to drown out any sound from around me.

As we got closer to the building Mo tapped lightly on my shoulder and gently pulled out one of my headphones, "I'm going to see Jirou before class," she spoke gently, as if she were trying to not startle me, "See you then." 

Ah. I didn't really mind, I recognised that our relationship had changed due to the events on our previous days at UA, I also felt as though we had both become slightly more independent, it was somewhat of a relief.

At least that's what I had thought before unknowingly stumbling into a horde of reporters and interviewers who had turned up to the school after getting the news of All-Mights new position as a teacher. Before I knew it I was engulfed by the group, surrounded by masses of arms and legs while simultaneously having cameras and microphones shoved into my face. 

I felt as though I was being suffocated, I didn't know what to do, surely a hero would know what to do, but I didn't. I wanted to close my eyes and sink to the floor in defeat, there was no way out. No one was coming to help me. I shouldn't even need help, I'm in the hero course, I got in through recommendations, I'm meant to be strong.

I pulled out my phone from my bag and looked through my contacts for who I could call, almost immediately I noticed his name, it was as if it called out to me.

I could hear the ringing for a few nerve-racking seconds before the distinct sound of the call being answered.

"Yaoyorozu?" Kaminari questioned as he picked up the phone.

"Um hi..." I could tell I sounded scared but I couldn't help myself.

"You ok dude?"

I laughed slightly at his concern before answering, "...no"

"Where are you? Whats all that noise around you? Its so loud."

"Ah yeah it is loud... Um do you see the group of reporters at the school gates?"

"Yeah why?"

"I'm in there."

As soon as the words left my mouth the call was ended, not long after that I could hear annoyed reporters some complaining about being shoved, others about small electric shocks.

He was coming.

His hair was the first thing I noticed, the obnoxiously bright colour and the striking black bolt. Second his signature smile, it immediately calmed me, well as calm as I could be in this situation. And lastly, the immense amount of concern in his eyes as he leant down to come face to face with me. 

"Hey." I think he could tell I was still in a state of panic, "You're ok, its ok."

At that he wrapped one of his arms around my shoulder and barged back through the crowd and into the safety of the school grounds.

...

We walked like that all the way to class, his arm around my shoulder felt comfortable. It felt safe.

As we entered the class room Kaminari raised his arms to the air in a very theatrical way as he exclaimed, "WE HAVE ARRIVED!"

I giggled quietly at our dramatic entrance, the feelings of panic and fear slowly slipping away as the two of us joined with our other classmates, talking and laughing as if nothing had happened. Bakugo still seemed to be in a somewhat sour mood (as if he isn't always) about his loss to Midoriya and Uraraka which had occurred just a couple days prior.

As homeroom began it seemed as though Aizawa picked up on this when discussing these battles, first he congratulated the class before giving out personalised feedback to a few selected students, to Bakugo he mentioned how he needs to get over his loses and move on, to Midoriya how he needs to control his quirk before it can truly be useful and finally, he looked to the back of the class, to Mo.

"I know that you lost your battle Yaoyorozu Momo but your efforts were admirable, you planned a well though out method quickly and efficiently." He stated flatly.

I quickly turned to Mo seeing that telltale blush as she looked down towards her desk, her humility taking over, I showed her a small, genuine smile. I knew how much that small, seemingly unimportant recognition had meant to her.

Shortly after that Aizawa announced that as a class we would need to decide on class representatives, as soon as the announcement was made hands were immediately raised and most students voiced their wishes to become the representatives. I however stayed quiet, I recognised that the role could be helpful in the journey to becoming a pro-hero yet I had no desire to fulfil the role. Truthfully it just really isn't my thing, whether it would give me a boost or not.

One person who I felt as though was perfect for the job was Iida, this was proven to me when he came up with he plan for the roles to be decided through votes, I found this a fine idea and gave my vote to Mo while I recognised Iida's skills I also knew that she was more than capable. Shockingly, the vote revealed Midoriya as the new class representative although Mo did earn the role of deputy due to my vote. After that small debacle the rest of the morning went by as usual, our lessons seemed to go by quickly because of my intense focus on writing down and retaining the information that we were being taught.

...

As the morning quickly finished lunch began and I once again found myself seated with Mina, Sero, Bakugo, Kirishima and Kaminari. All six of us were squished into one booth, I wasn't sure if it was due to the tight space or excitement caused by the class representative election but I became suddenly aware of the rowdiness of the group which I had somehow joined. Not that I minded it, I actually rather enjoyed the loudness, it wasn't the kind of noise which made me want to shrink back and hide, but rather the kind which seemed to envelope me in a sense of warmth and familiarity.

This train of thought was abruptly ended when the others had noticed my spacing out and became interested in the cause.

"Hey Rozu!" Mina said fairly loudly while poking my cheek as Kaminari simultaneously patted my head, the combination of the two snapping me back into reality.

"Whaaa?" I slightly slurred, adjusting to the immense amount of attention which I 'awoke' to.

The group broke into fits of laughter around me, finding my lack of awareness hilarious.

"What were you thinking about Rozu?" Mina chimed in once again, "It was like you weren't even here."

"It was nothing." I finally breathed out, I felt hot. I wasn't blushing, was I?

"Bro you don't just blush about nothing!"

"I swear Sero really..."

"No way short-ass, have you seen your face right now?"

"Dude tell us!" 

"Ok..." I sighed, accepting defeat, "I was just um... thinking about you guys..."

It seemed as though everyone froze, I guess they weren't expecting that.

"You know like I'm just... happy to have you all I guess."

"YOU GUESS?" Kirishima was the first to reply in his usual eager way.

"Yeah," a smile broke across my face as I spoke, "I really am."