I deserve better

Hi! Thank you to people who voted and read my stories. Here's another update after a semi long time. Enjoyy!!

_______________________________________

It was six o'clock when I had finished mine and Charlie's dinner and finally served it to the table. I always made dinner because I loved cooking, and it was a nice way to show appretiation to Charlie and how great of a boyfriend he is.

I called him to the kitchen and he walked in with his usual white T-shirt and shorts. It may be just me overthinking but he seemed angry and disintrested. He would usually always walk up to me, kiss my cheek and thank me, but this time he walked right past me and went to sit down in front of his meal. I decided to ignore it and sit at the table as well.

"I hope you like it, I don't usually make this so I don't know what it'll taste like." I said.

"I'm sure it will be fine." he said, again sounding bored and out of it. I chose to ignore it again.

"How was your day?" I asked hoping that he might cheer up and talk to me.

"Eh, good" he replied simply.

I was really concerned now. I didn't know what was up with him. Was everything ok? Was he mad at me? Mad at someone else? Tired? Sad? Bored? Did I just not notice this before? No, it couldn't be that, he was never like this. As I was letting my thoughts waste my dinnertime with Charlie, he had already eaten and was now washing his plate without saying a word to me.

I decided that I would let some time pass before I asked him about it. He will talk to me when he's ready to share what's on his mind. I'll spend this evening with myself then, have some uninterrupted me time. I'll watch some youtube videos, shows and movies, I'll listen to some music, have a walk all on my own. It is going to be a good evening for me.
_______________________________________

I was getting ready for bed that night when I realised I hadn't talked or heard from Charlie since dinner.I passed him a few times while going to the bathroom but he hadn't said a word. Neither did I, so it wasn't purely his fault. I decided I would finally stop being a coward and I would confront him face to face about tonight. Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

While I was building courage up for myself, Charlie walked in to the room in his pyjamas. I didn't give myself time to think and stop the words from flowing out of my head.

"Charlie?" I said, the word sounding more like I was questioning my own actions.

"Mhm?" he answered.

"Is...everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." he answered.

"Are you sure? You're not mad at me?" I continued my interrogation.

"Nope." he answered blandly and simply, seeming to not have any interest left for the conversation. It was clear there was something going on, I just didn't know what and he wouldn't tell me, or even hint it.

"Can we just go to bed? I'm tired." he said.

I wasn't going to force him to stay awake with me so I did agree to go to sleep. I laid down on the right side of the bed, the one that was always mine. Charlie got into bed right beside me, too. I turned around so I was facing him and put my head on his chest, while his arms where left by his sides. He completely ignored my body next to his, only leaving me to wonder how long I'll be able to survive in this silence and constant questioning of every single one of his actions, and the lack there of.

_______________________________________

I woke up at around 9 o'clock and I wasn't suprised to feel the emptiness where my head layed the night before. Charlie was, obviously, already up and out of bed without, you guessed, talking to me at all. I stayed in bed for around half an hour, just laying and moping around, as you  do in the groggy mornings.