First date

The smell of coffee was strong today. I was sitting in the back corner of my favourite cafè, where I always was. The waitress, whose name was Bianca, had been leaning on my table and chit-chatting with me ever since I came in. I went there so many times that we were almost friends. Maybe she was just bored.

With my cup of hot chocolate almost empty and the time running low, I payed Bianca and decided to stay for another five minutes to procrastinate the rest of my day.

Those precious five minutes had to come to an end. I got up from my seat and went to say goodbye to Bianca. She, being the talker that she is, asked me where I was going, probably to start another conversation. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't annoying. I just had limited time and a place to be. With my back facing the exit and still talking to her, I started walking out of the cafè. It wasn't a smart move, since I felt a sudden hard surface. Thinking it was the door I went to open it.

"No! Move your hand-" an intense voice said.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I said apologetically as I turned around. I heard Bianca dying of laughter behind the counter.

"What's your problem?" said a now mad man.

"I though I was at the door! I- I thought you were the doorhandle." I said stunned and fumbling over my words.

Only now I realised that the man wasn't alone. He had two people behind him who were in the same state as Bianca right now. Snickering and throwing jokes at the man I accidentally bumped into. From what they were saying I could pick up that his name was Matt. I think one of the backround men was Chucky? Something like that.

Bright red and probably already running late, I hurried out without saying a word more. I was waiting for the time I could find this encouner funny instead of absolutely embarassing.
_______________________________

The smell of coffee was a litle ligher today. I was sitting in the back corner of my favourite cafè, where I always was. I already drank all my coffee but I couldn't leave. At the table right beside the exit door were sitting three men. Them.

The situation from exactly 2 days ago was still ringing in my head. I remembered everything, from the way my hands were moving to the way my heart was beating. I knew that if I walked past them, the least I would get is a stare.

Fortunately, I had nowhere to be this time. I had all the hours on the clock to just sit here and avoid the looks I would get from Matt. That was his name, right? It doesn't matter, I won't need to use it anyway.

"You done?" asked Bianca.

"Uh, no." I said back to her.

"You.. drank all your coffee?" she said,  the sentence coming out as a question.

"Yeah... I'm not done, though. I'm not leaving yet." I said, sounding very adamant about it.

"Something's going on." Bianca said knowingly. "You always leave after you drink all your coffee"

"Well, maybe you don't know me that well, Bianca." I said jokingly, trying to change the subject from what I knew she knew was happening.

"No, no. I know you very well. Your drinking habits, at the least. Something is going on and you're to shy to tell me." Bianca was now sitting  in front of me at the table. She wasn't letting this go.

"I can't leave yet." I said as vaguely as I could.

"Yes, I got that, smartass. But why not?" Bianca was going to find out, whether I wanted it or not.

"They're right there!" I said whisper-yelling.

"Who?!" Bianca changed her volume to match mine.

"They!" I said, moving my hand weirdly.

"What are you doing with your hand?" she asked, both of us still whispering.

"I was trying to point." I answered

"Well, you're not very good at it." she said teasingly.

I gave her a look and continued with what I was trying to explain.

"The men from two days ago. You know what I'm talking about, right?" I was hoping I wouldn't have to retell the story.

"Of course I remember, it made my day." she said, still amused by it.

"I hate you." I said to her, smiling.

"I love you, too." she answered back.

"As I was saying, the men are right there. I can't bare to have to walk past them again." I said, shivering at the mere thought of it.

"Oh, what's the big deal! Like they remember, anyway." she said trying to calm my nerves.

"The definitely do. One of them keeps looking at me." I said.

"Oh, that's not why he's looking. He asked about you when they first came in, too. Darling, you're wanted." she said the last sentence in a joking creepy voice.

I didn't believe her at first, but with enough convicing form her, I agreed to trust her. After I found that out, I looked a little better at the one who 'asked about me'. I don't know what 'asking about me' means but Bianca told me it was in a good way.

The man I was looking at had long brown hair and a brown beard, too. I couldn't see his eyecolor. He was wearing a white shirt, I think the same one from two days ago. We all have those weeks.

He was handsome, for sure. I couldn't bring myself to walk up to him, though. I had to hope he would make the first move.
__________________________

I'd been talking to Bianca for a good hour when the group of men decided to leave. Bianca got up and went behind the counter to take the money, and I watched the longhaired man a little more closely. We made eyecontact and I quickly averted my gaze. They paid, said goodbye to Bianca and left.

Now that they weren't sitting there, I picked up my bag and went to pay, too. I was just finishing my conversation with Bianca when she slid me a napkin with some kind of note on it.

'Wanna grab lunch sometime? Just don't bump into me and it'll go great.'

At the bottom there was a phone number. I guessed it was from the longhaired man, and Bianca confirmed it for me. I was happier about it than I should have been, but he was very handsome! I'm pretty sure I'll text him if my nerves don't decide othervise.
____________________________

(To be continued.)