𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ♫♫♫ ──────

"Are you gonna tell me the truth or are you gonna keep staring at me like I grew a second head?" Ryder questioned his younger sister as the music from Julie and the Phantoms began to die down.

"Keep staring at you like you grew a second head," Lexi muttered just loud enough for him to hear, causing her brother to let out a groan while running his hands down the side of his face, "look, Ry, even if I told you the truth, you wouldn't believe me whatsoever because of how crazy it is. I wouldn't believe me if I wasn't living through it."

"Since when did we keep secrets, Lexa?"

The younger of the two hesitated as she watched her older brother with guilt in her eyes. All their lives, the two of them would tell each other everything no matter how embarrassing or strange their secret may be. While the two siblings continued to have a staring contest as they waited for the other to break the silence, Cami had been watching the duo from a distance for a bit before deciding to make her way over to see if she could defuse some of the rare Daniels sibling tension. When she finally arrived, the curly-haired girl caught the end of their disagreement, which made the confusion within her grow. She and Ryder exchanged a quick look before they turned their attention back to the younger and waited for her to respond, only to receive a small sigh from Lexi then she opened her mouth to speak.

"They're ghosts. They first appeared randomly in Julie's mom's studio that day I went over there after getting Julie's urgent text. Ever since then, they've just been appearing out of nowhere and trying to get Julie and me to be in their band. Julie agreed pretty early on, I still haven't decided..."

While the youngest Daniels continued to explain her adventures with the ghost boys, Ryder's facial expression changed entirely while his arms that were once crossed over his chest fell to his sides. As Cami continued to listen to Lexi's tale with an eyebrow quirked, the Daniels boy's eyes scanned over his sister for a moment for any signs of a lie due to how crazy her explanation sounded. But all he found was her face completely free of her tells. Even though he knew his sister was telling some form of her truth, something within the eldest Daniels sibling made him want proof that a band from the past was playing on stage with one of Lexi's best friends.

"Let's just talk more about this at home," Ryder sighed as the music that once filled the room slowly began to fade, "we need to get Julie home before her dad finds out she came here."

"I think it's a little late for that," Cami said, causing the Daniels siblings to follow the curly-haired girl's gaze to see Mr. Molina angrily walking toward his daughter.