«Relief is Sweet»

.-.. . .- ...- .. -. --.

XI

Frank had been texting Gerard all night the day before and got no reply, and this worried him immensely. He still had to go to school, which prolonged his worry through the whole day, though thankfully it was the last day before summer break, as little as Frank was able to enjoy it. He knew Gerard wasn't, at least entirely, okay. He made his way over to Gerard's house.

He looked in Gerard's window before knocking, wanting to make sure his mom wasn't there. Maybe he should have knocked first though because when he looked in the window, the sight gave him the worst wrong idea he'd ever gotten.

Gerard was on his bed, his face covered in blood, his limbs bruised, up and down, with opened eyes pointed at the ceiling. Gerard looked, much to Frank's utter terror, like a corpse.

He began pulling harshly at the window, trying to get it open so he could hold Gerard, tears streaming down his face. At the ruckus Frank was making, Gerard turned his head to see Frank. He stopped his panicked attempt at breaking and entering and stared at Gerard, his severely messed up face.

Gerard's face wasn't actually that damaged, it was just swelling and blood that made it look so much worse. It was still a lot of damage and pain, but it wouldn't look so bad once the blood was washed off and he had an ice pack.

Frank watched tearfully as Gerard tried to get out of bed, but barely got an inch closer to the edge of it. Frank's sadness was replaced with intense fucking anger now though. Gerard was hurt at someone else's hand, and now he was supposed to do the work to fix it? Not a chance.

Frank was impulsive when he was angry, and in an impulsive split second, he took a rock from the window well and smashed the fucking window. He dropped into Gerard's room, not dropping the rock, in case he needed it again.

He rushed to Gerard's side, trailing a comforting hand over his most prominent bruising. Frank only knew about the physical abuse, not the sexual, so he expected Gerard to have pants on under his blanket. When he tried to pick up Gerard, part of his thigh was revealed, which gave Frank a terrible question as to why his pants would be off in this scenario.

He got up and went to Gerard's closet, rummaging around until he found a pair of pajama pants. He thought about giving Gerard the pants but knew he wouldn't be able to get them on.

"Gee, can I get you dressed? I promise not to look..." Gerard felt admiration for Frank wash over him. Frank had no obligation to save him or to help him in any way, and he so easily could have taken advantage of him, but he didn't, and that made Gerard happy. Gerard truly didn't see how messed up it was that all Frank had to do for admiration, was not be a sexually abusive asshole.

"Y-yeah..." He whispered. Gerard's eyes were tightly closed as Frank slid his pants on in one quick motion, looking away like he promised.

He picked Gerard up bridal style. He wouldn't have been able to carry Gerard through the window, so he went through Gerard's door, putting on his scariest, angriest face.

Gerard's mother was in the living room watching television. They had a 70s-style closed-concept house, so she didn't see them until they passed the archway right near the front door.

"Who the fuck are you?" Gerard's mom called angrily, sounding drunk.

Frank's voice was about half an octave lower than normal as he growled back without hesitation,

"I'm your worst fucking nightmare."

That line almost caused Gerard to giggle, and he might have if it weren't for the pain. It was probably a scary line for anyone else, but Gerard just saw the beautiful boy that wanted so desperately to protect him.