𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Beautiful's the word.

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

My eyes snap open as a rustling sounds by the shadows of the trees. Lifting my head up, I groan when I see a familiar figure making its way towards me. How early does this guy wake up every morning? His light, golden brown hair comes into focus as he walks closer to me with a lopsided smile.

"You look terrible," he jokes.

"Every single bloody morning. Y'ever give me a break, Frog-face?"

"Nope. Never," Newt whispers.

"Joy." I roll my eyes and push myself off of my hammock, stumbling as I do so. Newt stifles a laugh and begins to walk away, motioning me to follow him, but I walk incredibly slowly — in part because I don't want to wake anyone up, but also because I know just how to annoy him.

"Someone's in a good mood this morning," Newt mumbles to me as we make our way through the trees. He slows down and waits for me, and I make sure to take even longer, earning a glare from him that only makes me walk slower.

"Well, maybe because a certain jackass woke me up at the crack of dawn," I shoot back at him.

"I don't know who you're referring to," he says defensively, crossing his arms over his chest and trying to hide his smile.

"Oh, really?" I scoff. "You don't know who I'm referring to?"

"It's a mystery to me."

"Well, what's not a shucking mystery is what I'll do to you if you wake me up this early again."

"What?"

"Let me give you a preview," I say before running straight at him, making him dart through the trees as I catch up to him. I almost trip over multiple times on the twigs and askew branches dotting the woodland floor, all the whole dodging the trees that seem to materialise out of nowhere, following a laughing blonde who looks back and jolts, picking up the pace. I smirk. I'm the faster runner, and we both know it.

"It's too early for this," Newt says through laughs as I get close enough to throw myself at him. Instead of knocking him over, however, he just grabs onto my legs and lifts me onto his back . "You're gonna make me give you a piggy back ride? What a punishment that is," he says, rolling his eyes and grinning back at me.

"I was aiming for a rugby tackle but this works too," I say, letting him carry me over to Frypan's, resting my chin on his head. "At least I don't have to walk."

"That feels weird."

"What? This?" I say, moving my jaw randomly making him shake my chin off him. I laugh at him as he throws me off of him. "That bad, huh?"

His glare turns into an amused smile as we approach Frypan's. Breakfast doesn't take long, and I sit with Chuck and Winston, staring at the maze the entire time. Yesterday, I went with Minho. But today, I go alone.

What if I get stuck again?

Minho's given me section one today, and says we need to meet up for lunch in the crossover between sections one and two. I've been running for three hours, and my legs feel like they're about to give up on me. I've run out of all of the water I'd packed for today, and yet I'm still heavily dehydrated.