chapter seventeen

jungkook left a few days ago and, ever since he did, i couldn't sleep properly because i've been used to having someone sleep beside me. i tried so many different ways to get sleepy. i read a book and finished it in an hour. i tried listening to music using youtube, but i ended up watching room makeovers until two in the morning. i think i slept around three because i tried the sheep thing but kept losing count. this happens often, especially during school breaks and weekends, but usually i get around three hours of sleep.

you know the money thing where you can't get a million if you're short of a penny or something? yeah, that's basically the same thing. in my case, it's sleep-wise. to conclude, i only got two hours of sleep and that's a big difference. it's like getting a ninety-nine when i could have earned a hundred.

and since i probably look like a zombie despite my senses being more heightened, mrs. jeon forced me to go home and get some sleep. i refused.

"you're such a stubborn lady!" she said, hitting my arm with the menu she's holding. i don't think i look anything like a lady, mrs. jeon. "go home and get some sleep. you look like you haven't got any for weeks!"

she pushed me out. "go! go! go! go home! i'll swing by your place some time to help clean your room, i know jungkook must've messed it up." she looked at me up and down, clicked her tounge and fixed my hair. "that son of mine always makes sure you end up like this before leaving for tour. that crazy boy."

damn right. jungkook, crazy boy. i sighed, "please don't let him sleep in my room anymore."

"you and i both know he's as stubborn as you are. now, go. be safe, okay?"

i nodded and bid my farewell, too. i started walking back home and longed for my bed. though, i know for sure that despite feeling this drained; i won't be able to just plop down the bed and sleep. i don't why i can't sleep in an instant even if i feel exhausted. it sucks.

"y/n?"

i looked at who called me and saw hyunjin already walking towards me, holding his dog who looks so cute and fluffy.

"that's kkami?!" i exclaimed, walking closer towards him in order to softly caress kkami's head. "hello, kkami. you're so cute."

he chuckled, "you look so cute when you talk like that."

"like what?" i looked at him confusingly,

"like a baby."

"like a baby?" i scoffed, "i don't talk like a baby."

"oh, yes, you do. only whenever you see animals."

i shrugged and then (kind of like) tickled kkami's chin. "i have to go home now."

"jungkook's mom sent you home?"

i nodded, "she noticed i look dead."

"okay, let me and kkami walk you home. come to think of it, i've actually never been inside your house even though i see it everyday." hyunjin said,

"you can bring kkami with you at home later." i said, "my mom wouldn't mind because she likes dogs and i'm bringing in two."

"you're so mean!" he whined and i laughed out loud.

-

"ma, mrs. jeon sent me home today!" i yelled while removing my shoes and then i helped hyunjin with kkami's leash once i'm finished.

"i know, she texted me!" she yelled back and started walking to where hyunjin and i are. i could tell she is because her footsteps are too loud.

"oh, you're friend?" my mom asked, pointing hyunjin with a ladle and looking at me. i nodded and hyunjin introduced himself, "hello, mrs. l/n! i'm hyunjin."

"your boyfriend!" my mom suddenly yelled and i honestly forgot that hyunjin was introduced to her by jungkook as my boyfriend. "i didn't expect you to actually bring him here."

"mom, n-" someone please get me out of here.

hyunjin just softly laughed and bowed at her, "i walked her home today and i asked if i could stay for a little."

he glanced my way and i looked at him as if to say are you out of your mind?! but he just looked away. "i brought my dog with me today. his name is kkami."

"he's adorable! you can take him here everytime. oh, you can bring him to the playpen." she said, "follow me."

"playpen?" hyunjin whispered while looking at me confusingly,

i sighed deeply and explained, "my mom has this area for pets where there are toys and beds. she calls it playpen." he nodded, indicating he understood.

"hyunjin!" my mom yelled and he jolted. i laughed at his reaction and he glared at me. i pointed forward, "there, as you can see, is the kitchen and you just turn right and there will be the door where the playpen is."

he nodded and followed what i said. i, on the other hand, decided to sit on the couch and watch T.V. for a while. i bet my mom will rant a lot about what goes on in the playpen and i know that will last for a while.

-

y/n fell asleep. hyunjin noticed this and told her mom about her current condition. she shook her head and chuckled, "are you sure you made the right decision to like my daughter?" he just smiled, refusing to say anything.

"you can take her to her room. it's upstairs to the right and her door has this number seven sticking on it. i have to go to work. i trust you already, so please don't break it." mrs. l/n said. hyunjin bowed again, thanking and reassuring her that he won't break her trust.

when she left, he locked the door. he turned the television off and looked at y/n. hyunjin looked at her face, she looks so peaceful. he carried her and didn't expect she'd feel that light. after all, she's pretty strong.

especially when she hits someone.

he brought her to her bed and removed her hair tie, thinking that it might hurt when she sleeps on her ponytail. he decided to look at her more. hyunjin can't figure out why he seems to want her around all the time. even if she's very sarcastic and, well, sometimes sassy– he likes her. not romantically, but he does.

he really does.