chapter twenty-three

"chan, i have to tell you something." hyunjin said, "i'm telling you first."

"what is it?"

"i really like y/n." he said, "i dont even recall feeling this way towards roxy."

chan looked at him surprisingly. although he did kind of expect that one of them will fall for the other, he never thought hyunjin would fall first. however, chan really hopes they fall, if they haven't, for one another. "that's great!"

"how is it great if she likes someone else." hyunjin said, sounding bummed. "she likes someone i know since birth. i've known you since birth."

"are you implying that you think y/n likes me?" chan said, "also, no you didn't. you knew me when i was seven, not during birth." just then, chan laughed out loud and hyunjin looked at him in disbelied.

"i can't believe y/n would use the since birth shit." he said,

hyunjin looked at him confusingly, "what?"

"hyunjin, y/n doesn't like me." he said, "try asking her out."

"why?"

"you'll never know if you never try."

-

"you like hyunjin, don't you?" chan asked me once i handed him the notebook i wrote the lyrics on.

"h-huh?"

"oh, she does!" jisung yelled, "ship sailing!"

"shut up, han, let her speak first." changbin said, "y/n, our favorite girl bestie."

"i'm your only girl bestie." i replied,

"do you like Hyunjin?" they all simultaneously asked me and my heart started beating like crazy. it felt, especially since they all asked me at the same time, as if i'm being interrogated. i could only nod as a reply and, when i did, they all started yelling as if they're celebrating.

i waited for them to stop and it took about a minute or two for them to calm their asses down.

"hyunjin and y/n kissing on the tree-" they sang in chorus,

"that's so mature."

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G"

"so, about the lyrics-" i started to say, but changbin cut me off by saying;

"that you wrote thinking about hyunjin."

"shut up, no i didn't. anyway, it's still not as long as the music you did, so you just add whatever fits with what i did." i said,

"i didn't understand a thing you said, but i'll let it slide because we mentioned hyunjin and that must've made you feel all tingly inside." jisung said,

"okay, we'll take care of it." chan said,

"okay, i have to go. i want to buy myself something as gift." i said, "bye!"

"bye, y/n!"

-

it's been a while since i entered this store and i haven't chosen a single thing to purchase. everything looks so cute and i can't decide what to get for myself. there are we bare bears plushies, avengers inspired everything, and so much cute stuff.

i bet the workers here think i'm crazy but, thankfully, none of them approached me to ask what i was looking for because i would feel absolutely uncomfortable when a salesperson approaches me.

anyway, i came across this bead seat and i decided to get it. i bought the tools as well, so i'll be able to make proper accessories. i honestly don't know why, out of all the things i could buy, i chose that.