Chapter 39 : Mafia

Jimin was fourteen years old when some weird feelings started to grow within himself. His seventeen year old friend or hyung or whatever it was called, Yoongi was the reason for it.

He has been wanting to spend time with the elder more willingly, and mainly, always. He suddenly seemed to dislike the fact that they were apart. He started to hate that Yoongi and him had to go home after every evening. 

Yoongi didn't go for schooling. 

He started to work at a really young age, because of his poorness and honestly, he didn't think it was his fault. As he shouldn't, because it was never his fault. Instead of schooling, he learnt things practically, by failing over and over again.

Everyday in the morning, he used to walk Jimin to his school, chatting about various things, on the way. Jimin was his first friend, and till now, he remained the only one. And Yoongi wouldn't want it any other way. He cherished the younger's company, he always appreciated how Jimin was there for him whenever needed.

Unknowingly to Jimin and Yoongi, they both got a lot closer, as years went by. Jimin was pretty outgoing—even though he did make a lot of friends, too many at the age of fourteen, his first priority would always be Yoongi.

That was all, until this one time, Jimin had a dream.

Yoongi and him, kissing.

Jimin, being the overthinker he was, stayed in that particular thing over and over again, that at some point, he wanted that to happen in real life. He wanted Yoongi to kiss him and love him with all he had.

That was when he actually realized that, he had grown feelings towards the elder—something more than just friendship and brotherhood. Something more ethereal and promising. 

He wanted to tell him. He wanted to confess so badly, but a part of him was worried about what might happen if he actually rejected—though the chances were small.

And that was exactly what he was thinking that evening, walking from school, with none other than Yoongi himself.

Looking at his left side, the elder frowned at the nervous face of Jimin. His eyebrows were knitted together, his lips pressed together in a straight line, almost biting the bottom, his eyes concentrating onto nothing, he looked like he was deep in his thoughts.

Yoongi didn't hesitate to slide his hands lower down to his, taking the smaller ones—as he looked worried at the sudden serious face of the younger. Jimin turned to him, before looking down at their intertwined hands, the feeling of panic raising in him, just like the pace of his heartbeat.

"Jiminie?" Yoongi called out, even more worried.

"Uh, yes?" The younger responded, gulping down the lump in his throat inaudibly.

"You okay? You look... shaken," he muttered as he stared straight into Jimin's eyes.

Jimin lowkey panicked, as he cleared his throat looking away, shrugging his shoulders, trying to be casual.

"I'm okay hyung, just a lot of school work to complete in this weekend," he lied, and thankfully bought that lie. He pretended to, at least.

"Is it pressuring you too much? Honestly, leave it then—"

"You can't just leave, hyung," he giggled at the elder's silliness, "But there is something... uh, I need to tell you about," he said, immediately grinning wider, showing his little eye smile, happy at the thought of confessing.