→ chapter sixty seven

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

the events that had happened in the last twenty-four hours could not seem to register themselves in the young girl's mind, one moment she was running after harry, and the next moment she had woken up in the hospital wing at hogwarts. the last thing she remembered seeing was you-know-who himself before everything went black.

when her eyes finally opened, she saw fred sleeping peacefully in a chair by her bed causing chae to furrow her eyebrows in confusion, fred wasn't supposed to be in hogwarts but never mind that, chae took the time to fully take in how good he looked in his new dragonskin tuxedo. 

her mind felt fuzzy as if somebody had covered the whole thing in cotton wool. lazily, she reached one hand up to her head to find a bandage wrapped around it, wondering how it got there. it was at this time that chae began to scan her surroundings, the hospital wing was dimly lit and all was tranquil. in the bed next to her lay ron who seemed to have had a run-in with those weird brain things they had encountered in the department of mysteries, his arms were covered in deep welts.

for a moment panic began to bubble up inside of chae because she swore ron looked dead, it wasn't until a soft snore left his mouth that she realised he was perfectly alive. 

her body felt weak, purple bruises littered her arms and chae had no clue where they had even come from. it took all of her strength to sit up but she managed it, her eyes drifting over to the window where the outside world was approaching dawn but it was still dark enough to see the stars.

"i was wondering when you'd wake up, you're no fun when you're unconscious" 

fred's smooth voice caused the petite asian to jump, the fright building up in her chest as her head snapped round to face him, her eyes narrowing and glaring playfully at him. 

"where's my mum?" chae blurted for even she could not forget that sirius black was dead.

the thought caused a frown to paint itself on her plump lips and fred let out a gentle sigh, moving onto his feet and sitting down on the bed by his girlfriend's legs patting them softly.

"your mum is fine love, she's with lupin and my mum" fred responded, smiling softly.

"what happened?" chae asked.

"well according to ol dumbledore, you'd ran after harry and you-know-who decided to stun you but you hit your head pretty hard, there was a lot of blood apparently" he explained, causing chae to nod her head, the bandage on her head now making sense.

"what about the death eaters?" she rushed.

"the ministry took them"

"and harry? the others? are they okay?"

fred stared at the girl in front of him, her soft brown eyes were swollen where a purple bruise was forming on the left eye, a small cut grazed her cheek and her lip was split. despite her beaten up face, fred still couldn't find a flaw. he gently reached out and took chae's small hands in his own, intertwining them.

"chaerin, everything is fine, they're all safe" fred reassured and chae let out a sigh of relief.

"however, you are a nightmare! you have no clue how worried i was when dad informed me the order had gone to ministry to save yours and the others butts" the redhead in front of her began to scold "you can't just follow people into danger chae, is that head of yours even screwed on properly?"

chae giggled but shook her head "in my defence, i didn't know voldy was going to turn up"

"yes but you still could've ended up being a death eaters chew toy, that would be such a boring way to die"

"hey! i was not a chew toy! you should've seen me in there, i was like bam bam pow pow take that, they didn't know what had hit them"

"ah yes, i'm sure you terrified the death eaters with just one look" fred responded sarcastically in which chae responded with an eye roll.

chae leaned forwards so that her face was directly opposite her boyfriend's, the two of them were so close that she could feel his breath fanning her face. 

"you're just jealous that your girlfriend is cooler than you"

"try telling me that when you drop out of school to start a joke shop" fred retorted, a smirk on his face, the brunette shook her head at him before throwing herself backward but before her head could hit the pillow fred grabbed her arms, pulling her forward again.

chae's eyes locked with fred's eyes that seemed to hold never-ending mischief in them, but if she searched hard and long enough she could also find the hint of love and adoration which mirrored her own. her eyes flickered down to his lips, realising how much she had been craving to feel his touch ever since his departure.

"not to inflate your ego even more, but you look extremely hot in this tuxedo" she smiled, her hand tugging at the fabric of his jacket.

 "i know, you'd look even better if your clothes were on the floor"

chae flicked him in the forehead, of course he just had to ruin the moment. chae tried to move back but fred quickly enveloped her lips in his, she let out a gasp of shock giving him enough time to slip his tongue in her mouth. 

the two of them melted into the kiss and fred let out a nearly silent groan wondering just how long it had been since he last kissed her. when both of them parted for air chae sat silently, trying to process what had just happened.

"oh freddie, i have missed you" 

"i missed you too love, but i think you should get some rest" fred advised, standing up from his girlfriend's bed and stretching. 

however, chae shook her head and pulled him back down onto her bed where he landed with a soft thump. the ravenclaw pulled the covers back, letting the redhead get comfortable as he snaked his strong arms around her.

"let's just cuddle, i don't think we have long until the others wake up"

a/n ~ thank you for reading! please don't be a silent reader, i love reading all your comments even if i can't respond to them all and voting really helps! this concludes the end of the order of the phoenix, onto half-blood prince we go woohoo! also just a quick note, i'm thinking of writing a bts fairy AU, would any of you be interested in that? once again, thank you so much for reading <3