→ chapter eighty nine

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

"Chae! What in Merlin's beard do you think you're doing?!" Molly Weasley shrieked, rushing over to Chae who was in the process of making a cup of tea.

"Uhhh, would you like one?" Chae squeaked, the tone of Molly's voice taking her by surprise.

"Young lady, you're supposed to be resting! Who let you out of bed? Was it Fred? Harry? Ron?" she questioned, a sharp eyebrow raised at the Ravenclaw.

"None of them, I'm honestly feeling much better and I'd like to help with the wedding preparations," Chae explained, using the tea spoon to take the teabag out of the ceramic mug.

Molly eyed the girl suspiciously, Chaerin was dressed in a pair of denim shorts and a lavender cardigan-like top, her hair lightly curled as it fell over her collar bones. Molly hated to admit it, but Chae did look a lot better but her motherly instincts were trying to insist that Chae should be resting, even if she could use extra help for the wedding preparations.

The Weasley household had been jam packed with chores that needed doing, a wedding venue that still hadn't been prepped and food that wasn't going to cook itself. Even with everybody helping out, it still seemed as if progress was slow and Molly knew very well that Chae would be able to help. The ginger-haired woman pursed her lips, obviously thinking about what to do with Chae.

"Oh, well, I suppose you could start arranging the flowers, I haven't even thought of starting them yet, but it's a job that won't put you at risk," Molly explained, placing the basket of washing onto the table. "Come with me dear."

Chae nodded and followed Molly into the living room, where she was told to sit down and wait. Molly scurried off somewhere before returning with three boxes of flowers, floating behind her in the air as they followed her back to the living room. They fell to the floor gracefully in front of Chae's feet and Molly quickly popped off the lid before she ran off again to fetch more things.

She returned with ribbons, scissors and Chae's cup of tea, placing them on the coffee table before she smoothed Chae's hair.

"You just need to arrange them, I know you'll make them look pretty, thank you Chae, I'll send Hermione in to help you soon," Molly rushed out, before hurrying away again.

"No problem!" Chae called after her, but she doubted that she had heard her.

Chae let out a sigh, reaching for her cup of tea before she got to work on arranging all sorts of flowers. She picked up a bunch of roses gently, taking the scissors into her right hand and cutting the thorns off. She probably could've used her wand to get things done quickly, but Chae enjoyed the simple muggle ways and it certainly kept her hands busy.

The brunette's eyes trailed down to the other box, trying to find a colour that would compliment the baby pink roses, the white tulips instantly catching her attention. She grabbed them carefully before reaching for the ribbon.

She soon had a pile of colour co-ordinated flowers next to her as she sat criss-crossed on the sofa. The job may have kept her focused, but it wasn't long before her brain began to drift into thoughts, trying to figure out what it was Harry, Ron and Hermione were off to do.

Chaerin knew that Hermione would never abandon her education unless it was something deadly serious, and the thought of the three of them on their own in the dangerous conditions of the outside world made her heart hurt. What if they left and never returned? Or what if they were fatally injured and their bodies would be found later in the woods.

The thought made her stomach churn with lethal anxiety, she couldn't possibly let them go alone but Chae unfortunately hadn't been let in on the huge secret they had been keeping. So she couldn't just intrude on their top secret mission, even if she felt like tying them to trees until they finally gave in and told her.

All Chae knew was that the mission had been passed on from Dumbledore to Harry, but even the smart and wise Ravenclaw couldn't figure out what had been said or what needed to be done. It was an impossible riddle.

She let out an exasperated sigh, dropping the flowers onto the pile next to her. It just didn't make sense that they couldn't tell anyone, what was so important that not even the adults could know? Chae pressed her fingers to each side of her temples, trying to massage away the headache that was beginning to form.

"Are you okay Chae? Molly sent me in to help," said the familiar voice of Hermione, the bushy haired girl plopped herself onto the sofa next to Chae.

"I'm okay, are you?" Chae wondered, eyeing the girl suspiciously.

Hermione's bushy hair had been pulled back into a braid, a few strands falling from the front to signify her hard work and her summer clothes seemed to be covered in dirt and Chae guessed she had been de-knoming the garden again.

"Tired, I never knew weddings were so much work," Hermione laughed.

"Tell me about it, I hope mine isn't like this," said Chae, handing Hermione some flowers.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, you're marrying a Weasley, Mrs. Weasley is bound to do this again unless you run away and have a secret wedding," Hermione suggested, a smile on her pink lips.

"You're right, I think Fred and I will have to run away to somewhere. I would say somewhere romantic but knowing Fred he'd get married in a field of mud if I'd let it happen," Chae joked, her head tilting back with laughter.

The girls laughter died down eventually, the two of them getting to work with harmless chatter and jokes in between. Chae had made about five cups of tea for both of them before they had even gotten through half the flowers.

The sun was beginning to sink into the horizon, casting a marvellous golden glow through the window, illuminating the remaining flowers and the girls legs. Shades of orange, pink and blue fading beautifully into one another in order to create a lovely summer's night.

"Chaerin?" Hermione broke the comfortable silence. "Do you think you'll ever marry Fred?"

Chae's hands came to an abrupt stop, her soft chocolate eyes did not move from the floor. Marriage was something she had thought about, but it wasn't something she was prepared to do soon, even with an oncoming war Chae felt it was best to wait. She wanted to be absolutely sure she wanted it, and she needed Fred to be serious about it.

Chaerin Chang did not want to end up like her parents. Divorced.

Whilst she was absolutely head over heals in love with Fred, surrendering herself and her emotions to him just to fall in love. She was still having mixed emotions about marriage, could she commit to that? Of course she wanted to spend forever with Fred, but what if something went wrong and he longer loved her? Well, that would absolutely break her.

"I think I would, but not yet," she responded quietly, feeling Hermione's eyes on her.

"I think he'd marry you, the way he looks at you says it all Chae," Hermione responded softly, causing a pink hue to dawn Chae's tender skin.

"I'd like to hope so."

a/n~ happy monday angels!! i hope you had a lovely day today, thank you for reading, please remember to vote and comment <3