→ chapter one hundred and three

; ♡⋆

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

Hogwarts scrambled to arm their defenses, Chae was hurrying out of the grand doors and into the courtyard with her grandmother, Professor Flitwick, and Molly Weasley. The stars glittered above them, they were beautiful things really, there was no secret that the stars didn't know of.

They were over millions of miles away, but they were the most intimate things to ever be discovered. You could hide nothing from them. In front of the stars, you were completely naked. Stripped of your skin and bones, existing as nothing but your soul and mind. They knew everything because they were constantly watching.

Now, they were about to witness the downfall of the Hogwarts castle.

"Let me get this straight professor, you're actually giving us permission to do this?" Neville asked, his voice filled with excitement.

"That is correct Longbottom," Professor McGonagall replied, strolling triumphantly into the breeze of the outside world.

"To blow it up? Boom?"

"Boom!"

"Wicked! How on earth are we going to do that?"

"Why don't you confer with Mr. Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."

"I can bring it down," said Seamus, smiling at everyone.

"That's the spirit, away you go now."

McGonagall shooed the two boys away lightly, her beautiful eyes never leaving the midnight sky. Chaerin watched her tentatively, yearning to know what she was thinking of. Was this reminding her of the death of her daughter Alice? Or was she simply thinking of a spell? Chae wanted to know.

She decided not to ask though, opting to not speak. She breathed a shaky sigh, a dainty hand placed on her hip whilst her other clutched her wand tightly. This was it. This was their last moment of total safety. Voldemort was on his way now. He knew what he was about to destroy and not even their defensive magic could protect Hogwarts from him.

No defense against the dark arts class had ever prepared Chae for this.

"You do realise, of course, we can't keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely," said Professor Flitwick, his voice quavering slightly.

"That doesn't mean we can't delay him. And his name is Voldemort, Filius, you might as well use it, he's going to try and kill you either way."

Minerva McGonagall turned to face the beautiful architecture of the castle walls that were lined with statues, the knights were tall and grand, frozen at this present moment but Chae knew what would become of them. After all, these were supposed to be Hogwarts guards.

"Piertotum Locomotor!" McGonagall shouted, waving her wand towards the statues.

Chae watched in astonishment as they began to move, they broke away from the wall, their heavy feet now pounding into the ground beneath them, stamping their way into the courtyard.