4

--Nikoal--

"Aye Niko what was that about? The freak seemed pretty scared when he ran past us" My friend Jordan asks when I get to them.

"Just had to scare him a little bit no biggie" I shrug

"But you getting out of the same car as him is a biggie" Khalil—Childhood best friend of Jordan and I--says.

"Oh right. My dad is marrying his mom so we're gonna be step-brothers. I just found Saturday" I sigh

"So that means we can beat the shit out of him at your place soon?" Khalil ask.

"Nah. I don't want them asking questions"

In all honesty I don't feel the need to bully him anymore.

He's kinda growing on me.

"Well they'll ask questions about the busted lips and cuts when he comes home anyway" Jordan says.

"Yeah you have a point but I can just make him lie and say it was Khalil is something be he really is an ass. No offense Khalil"

"Okay you do know that saying no offense doesn't stop it from being offensive right?" He ask.

"Yeah that's why I said it. Now I will talk to you bitches later peace" I say walking into the school.

I saw Milo at his locker which is right next to mine..

I walked over and started getting my stuff.

He gave me a small smile before closing his locker and walking to class.

It was weird he seemed a little...... off today.

Maybe it was just me but he didn't seem like his normal happy go lucky self.

I shook it off and walked to class myself totally forgetting that we have first period together and we sit next to each other.

Everyone in class was surprised that today I wasn't messing with the mute kid.

That was till Jordan and Khalil came in.

Milo's desk was right between theirs.

Jordan in the back Khalil in the front and me to his right.

We sorta make a triangle around him.

Khalil smirked and nodded his head to Milo with a look that said 'I'm ready to have some fun'

I faintly shook my head no and made sure only he could see it.

He pouted then mouthed 'your no fun'

I rolled my eyes then turned to pay attention to what was going on.

After this class I don't have any other ones with Milo to make sure nobody hurts him but Khalil is in all his classes.

That's so not good.

Maybe I could switch classes and have at least 2 or 3 more classes with him.

I was now in my second class which was math.

I truly hate math even though it's gonna help me in the future the shit is hard.

After this I have a free period then lunch.

Damn I just remembered my dad is making me sit with Milo at lunch.

I don't want him around the guys so I'm just gonna skip the rest of the day and bring him with so nothing happens.

"Aye Milo" I say walking over to where he was at his locker.

He looked up at me and smiled a bit.

"Wanna skip and go to lunch at IHOP?" I ask.

He nodded softly putting his coat and backpack on then following me out the school.

By now if somebody see me walking out of school they know not to say anything or else I'll make their lives a living hell.

We walked for about 5 minutes before we made it to IHOP.

I opened the door for Milo making him look at me and roll his eyes playfully.

We sat down and got our menus then I asked him what he wanted and he pointed to the grilled cheese sandwich.

"Are you ready to order?" The waitress asks.

"Yeah. I'll have a BLT with extra bacon and he wants a grilled cheese" I say handing her the menus.

She nodded then winked at me before walking away.

I scoffed at the gesture then looked out the window at the snow on the ground.

I can't believe Christmas is in 2 weeks already.

After a while our food finally got here but the only thing that was different about mine was the fact that there was a piece of paper on my plate.

'Call me (xxx) xxx-xxxx'

I balled up the paper and threw it on the floor rolling my eyes.

The woman looked like she was in her 30s anyway.

Milo quickly jotted something down in his notebook the slid it over to me.

'What was that?'

"She gave me her number. No big deal" I shrug digging into my food.

He nodded then took a bite of his sandwich then started dancing around like a little kid as he chewed his food.

I just laughed then looked back out the window.

Hearing Milo writing something in his book made me focus all my attention on his.

He pushed the book back over to me and I picked it up.

'Don't tell my mom I agreed to come with you. Tell her I tried to stop you but it didn't work so I stayed. Thank you very much'

"Wasn't planing on it Mimi"

Back to the notebook.

'Mimi? Really Nikolai?'

"Hush" I say making him give me an unimpressed look.

"Right sorry" I mumble softly.

He rolled his eyes then continued eating his food.

Once we were done I paid for the food then we left and started out walk home.

Milo stayed as far away from me as possible.

Much to my dismay.

Every time he moved away I moved closer.

He's still very scared of me.

And I like that but at the same time I don't.

I keep getting this weird feeling every time I'm around the little shit.

Even when we were eating today and the chick gave me her number.

I felt the need to go after her even if she was twice my age but something was holding me back.

He was holding me back.

,','