37

--Nikolai--

It's been two days and I still can't believe Milo actually loves me. Not in a brotherly best friend way either.

I haven't said anything to him about it but I'm sure he knows I understand what he meant.

In a few days it's gonna be New Years meaning we're one step closer to mine and Milo's birthday. Yeah we share a birthday.. What I don't like about that is the fact that I'm gonna be 18 and he's gonna be 16.

That means I'm gonna graduate before him. He's still gonna be in school and I won't be there to protect him.

He'd probably get bullied 10x worse then now.

Maybe I could just stop doing homework and start getting f's every time so I can stay back a grade or something. But then my dad would kill me.

I honestly don't care at this point... It would be worth it for Milo.

Right now he was taking a nap as always. We were laying on the couch since dad had to move our beds out cause he ordered the bunk bed the other day and it came today. He's putting it together now.

Milo got all giddy and excited when dad said it was coming today and two minutes later he was sleep. I love how he can be all hype one minute then sleep the next.

Speaking of hype. I made a bad decision. I gave him some candy a while ago. Mom told me if I was giving him candy to make sure he didn't eat to much but I didn't. He ate basically the whole bowl all because I went to the bathroom for like two minutes. He's a little candy monster.

"Bu-bubby" I looked down at Milo who was laying on my chest. He was talking in his sleep. I rubbed his back softly then he whimpered and started saying 'stop' I managed to wake him up and he moved to the other end of the couch.

"Bubba what's wrong?" I tried to reach for him but he pushed himself farther into the couch. "What happened bubba? What did I do?"

Tears started to slip down his cheeks.

"H-h-h-hurt me" He stuttered hugging himself tightly. "I-I hurt you?" I asked. He nodded as a sob slipped pass his lips. "Bubba.... look I know I did before but I would never hurt you... I love you too much to hurt you. Please believe me bubba"

He looked from my eyes to my hand that was ready for him then back to my eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt you bubba.... Please" I opened my arms a little bit for him and he eventually gave in and placed himself on my lap. I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"Bubby" He whimpered pushing his body closer to mines. I didn't respond since I know he does this when he's happy or content or sad like now.

I started to rub his back softly. "It's okay bubba. I'm here... I'm right here" His hold on me tightened a little bit.

"Hey bubba you want Iggy?" I ask moving him so he was sitting up in my lap. He nodded and wiped his face. "Iggy!" I called then whistled for him. He came running out the kitchen then he sat next to the couch.

I picked him up and put him in Milo's lap. "Here you go bubba" Iggy whimpered a little probably sensing that Milo was sad. He started licking under his chin and a little on his cheek.

Milo giggled and pushed Iggy's face away from his. I smiled a little and placed my hands on Milo's thighs. Iggy jumped off the couch and ran over to his water bowl quickly lapping up the water.

"Boys! Beds ready!" Dad called from the stop of the stairs.

Milo squealed and hopped off my lap to run up stairs. I grabbed his hand before he could get any further. "Wait for me" I whined while attempting to get up. Milo just stood there staring at me. He gave it a minute before he literally dragged me off the couch.

I didn't even know he had that kinda strength in him. He stopped at the bottom of the stairs and I grabbed the banister to pull myself up. "Where the hell did you get that strength from?" I asked and he shrugged starting to run up the stairs.

I followed closely behind. When we walked into the room Milo squealed and I gasped. Since he decided he wanted the bottom bunk all of his stuff was there. In the back corner was all of his stuffed animals and he had some new pillows.

His sheet set was all rainbow colors with a few clouds scattered across them with the matching comforter. Meanwhile on my bed I had my one single stuffed bear that I got when was little and just like Milo I got new pillows.

My sheet set was all black as well as the comforter. I climbed up onto my bed and smiled there was a little shelf on the wall with all my stuff on it. I laid down an pulled a pillow to my chest. "Thanks dad" I said looking down at him.

He gave me a thumbs up before leaving the room. I heard Milo giggle so I leaned over the side of my bed and looked into his. He was cuddling his giant stuffed koala that he named Kenny.

He looked at the bottom of my bed which would be the ceiling to his and gasped quietly. His eyes slowly moved over to me then he pointed at it.

I climb down into his bed and laid next to him looking at up whatever he was pointing at. There was a note taped there. When I read it I froze.

The note was addressed from me to Milo.

It was a love note. 

In all honesty I didn't remember writing it but once I started to read over what it said everything started coming back to me.

'Dear Milo,

I have a crush on you... 

That may seem shocking since I bully you but it's true. 

I've had this crush since we met but I never knew how to tell you. So I'm writing you this note. 

I'm sure with how I treat you there's no way you could ever like me back but it wouldn't hurt to tell you.

Love, Nikolai'

I looked over at Milo who was already looking at me. We both looked at the note again then I pulled it down. I climb out of the bed telling Milo I would be back before I went to find my dad.

When I did find him he was in the couch watching basketball.. "Dad? W-where did you find this?" He looked up and saw me holding the note "I found it when I was going through boxes looking for your bear so I could put it on your bed"

"Why didn't you just y'know give it to me? Why did you tape it to the bottom of my bed?"

He turned the tv off putting his full attention on me. "I thought he might wanna see it. Given the fact that it was about him" There was an emotion in his eyes that I couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Look dad. I was 16. That was a year ago. I didn't know what I was talking about. I was still finding myself. Hell I'm still finding myself now"

He just shook his head and looked down. "Niko... I honestly don't care what you are... Your still my son regardless of what gender or genders your attracted too. If your gay or whatever then so be it."

I looked him in the eyes finally feeling like I could be myself.

"Dad... I am gay"

,','