Out of Control

Newt was worried. His Tommy was acting strangely. Often, he'd wake up in the middle of the night, with eyes that had no pupil. It was just the whites. He'd stare around the room until he looked down at Newt lying next to him and his eyes would return to their normal colour before he promptly fell back to sleep.

He tried to put this worry out of his mind and threw himself into tactical planning with Lydia, Allison and Derek. Minho was teaching Kira, Hayden and Malia to shoot a gun. Malia and Hayden were good, but Kira struggled. She was so used to using her sword that the movements were so strange to her. They didn't have to fight off the cranks too often, as they were still quite a way out of Crank City where Teresa was.

They spent 2 days, moving closer to the outskirts before setting up camp. A few times they tried to contact Chris but all their attempts were unsuccessful. Newt could tell how much this worried the people from Beacon Hills and spent time building fires with Allison. He was jealous of them all though, because they had families to lose. He just had Minho, Brenda and Tommy, if things went wrong, they could just run, as they'd been doing for as long as he could remember.

Finally, it was time for their rescue attempt. By Lydia's calculation they'd been there 8 days and the opportune window would close by the end of the 10th.

As they crept towards the outer wall, a griever sprung out from nowhere, rolling towards them. Newt jumped back, spear outstretched, ready for the battle. Crash. Crash. Crash. Three more dropped down, forming a circle around the group.

Derek bared his teeth and his eyes flashed. At this sign, the rest of the supernaturals sprang into action, the Gladers following immediately from behind. Newt leapt towards the one directly in front of him, Lydia screamed, directing the energy right at it and Newt plunged his spear into its side. It disintegrated and he stood there, stunned, staring at Lydia. She smiled and turned around, stopping dead.

It was Thomas. He was attacking the Grievers with deadly accuracy. All the others had stepped back, and were watching aghast. He struck the last on in the neck and turned on Minho, spear raised. Newt rushed forward as he plunged the spear down, kicking it out of his hands. It caught Newt in the side and he doubled over, looking Thomas in the eye. The other boy stopped, and sank to his knees beside him.

'Newt, Oh my god, shucking hell, Newt!' He was bleeding freely now, the blood staining the sand. Derek ran forward with a cloth and some bandage, lifting his shirt and pressing down on the wound. Thomas was cradling Newt's head as he tried to regain his breath. 'I'm so sorry, I'm sorry Newt, I thought I could control it, I'm sorry.'

Newt smiled weakly, 'It's alright love, I'll be OK, and it's just a surface level scratch.' As Derek finished wrapping the bandages, still looking shocked, Malia's ears pricked up.

'We have to move. I can hear the Cranks, they're coming!' Alison nodded and they all started gathering the things, throwing them in bags and slinging them over their shoulders. Thomas helped Newt to his feet and Minho promptly slapped him across the face. 'You dick! You could have died!' Newt laughed.

Derek spoke from behind them, 'Stil- Thomas, you can't do any fighting any more. We need to conserve your strength if we want to save Scott and the others, and you are clearly not in control if you fight. I think the next time we fight, the Nogitsune will have to be killed.'

Thomas grimaced but nodded and Kira lead the way to the gates. Derek lifted Newt up saying that he'd carry him, because they all had enhanced speed and it would be faster. The WICKED building loomed over them, the only building left intact. They took off towards it, Newt shooting at the Cranks if they got too close. It was odd, they didn't seem to want to attack them, yet.

Hayden kicked the doors open, and they crashed to the floor. They waited, with baited breath, for anything to happen, but the place was deserted. Still very much on defence, they crept up the stairs with Newt leading the way. 'TERESA! TERESA!'

'NEWT?! I'M OVER HEAR, HELP ME!' They sprinted towards her voice and saw she was locked inside a white room. Breaking the glass, they pulled her out, Thomas immediately trying to hug her, but she pulled away, throwing her arms around Newt. 'We have to get out of here!' she shouted.

'Don't worry, we're just about to,' Minho tried to soothe but she started running and they followed before

BOOM! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed.  I'm now on Instagram as Sociopathic_detective. 

Also check out my new fic, it's a Larry Stylinson one! 

Thanks for reading!