13

I look at the 2G flip phone of mine I keep for some reason.There's a message notification.

From Jiwon,

"I heard you in the jeju. Let's meet up. I will finish him too 🔪"

I quickly turned off my phone. Why does she wanna meet?

"We are here," says the driver from his seat and stops the car.

"Driver nim, can you drop me to the guest house? I don't think I wanna eat seafood. I feel tired already,''Yoona says.

"Are you okay?" I ask her, while turning back as she is sitting behind me. I touch her forehead with my palm.

"No need to worry for me Ms. Kim. I am fine. I am just tired. You will be okay alone, right?" She asks.

"No no, I am coming with you then. You all have fun. Me and Miss Yoo will not make it," I say. 

"Oh," some of them sighed.

"Hey don't cancel. I know you love seafood a lot. You don't have to sacrifice for me," she smiles. 

"Okay then," we got out from the car. If it was other time, I would have deny to have a  dinner with the people I am work with. I was no longer a friendly person. But who knows what gotten into me today. I am craving for some seasoned clams and Cajun crabs.

As we got out of the car, the driver drove Yoona to the guesthouse and we stayed there.

We walked inside the restaurant. It's a fancy seafood restaurant. We sat on two tables together and ordered some seafood pairing with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. Some staff ordered some soju and beers to match their tastes.

While waiting for the food to arrive, everyone is gossiping and having silly chit chats. I was listening to everything attentively. Jungkook amazed me with his Amazing talking quality. He can run a conversation smoothly without making it boring and awkward, suitable for every aged staff present here.

Ting~

My purse vibrates again. I opened it. A notification from the flip phone.

From Jiwon

Why are you ignoring me? Did my importance run out?

I sighed. Why does this girl always over react? 

I lock the phone and about to put it down but it vibrates again.

From Jiwon

I know you are reading this. Are you ignoring me on purpose?

From Jiwin

Call. Me. Now. I know you are in the sea flash seafood shop, wearing a grey dress, with your colleagues. Come to the North Balcony of the restaurant. I will be waiting there.

I sigh. I took my purse and excused myself to the washroom. 

I walk to a nearby balcony. I take the flip phone and walk there.

I find a woman figure under a black hoodie, and mask, with the flip phone which is the matching copy of mine.

"You take a long time," she says. 

"Are you well?" I ask her.

"Why? Are you not? If you are well then I am too. But if you are not then I am not," she smiles.

Her smile looks just like mine.

"I guess you are doing fine then. What brings you to Jeju? You are not here for a vacation are you?"

"Why? Are Mafia leaders not allowed to have a vacation sometimes?" She raises her eyebrows.

"It's a public place, Jiwon," I say.

"But nobody is here anyway," she says.

"You are not here to chat, what's your intention behind this sudden visit?" I ask.

"It's the perfect opportunity to end that bastard," she says. 

"Bastard?" I question her.

"Yes, Park Fking Jimin," she says.

"Why?" I ask. 

"He hurt you," she says.

"It's okay. I am over him anyway. You don't need to do anything. Killing Jina was too much for me to handle," I say and the memory flashes in my mind. I shivered.

"Why was it too much to handle? She went just fine home after throwing you. She slept with your damn husband that night after killing her childhood best friend as if nothing happened," Jiwon shouts at me. I flinched.

"Did I start you? I am sorry, y/n," she says and holds my shoulders. 

"It's fine. You were just stating facts. But it's hard for me too. She was my best friend. She was the only person beside Eunwoo I had by my side. My parents were never a supportive figure to me,"

"Internal enemy is the biggest enemy, y/n. This is a fact. Don't forget it. I am giving you two days to kill jimin by yourself. Or else, I will drug you like the previous time to make you kill him just like jina's time. The drug murdering is the worst, you remember, right?"

She says and ruffles my hair. 

"Everything I do is best for you," she says before leaving.

A tear ran down from my eyes. Yesterday's kiss flashed in my mind.

"I failed to protect you," his voice echoed in my mind.

Do I really have to kill him? I look at my palms. 

I killed my most favorite person with this damn hand of mine. I am no better than a beast.

I squeeze my eyes to let the tears flow. 

Why does life have to be so hard for me? Why can't I be a normal girl? With a normal family?