lust

credits to @evandearest on tumblr

It had been just a calm afternoon when James burst into the room. You could practically feel the negative emotion radiating off of him. You visibly gulped, quickly standing up to greet him.

James closed the door quickly, and immediately walked towards you. By the expression on his face, you knew your suspicions were right. He was definitely upset about something.

[Y/N], he called, your name falling off of his lips in a taunting tone.

Is everything okay? you asked him in genuine concern. You felt your body flush as he got closer and closer. He backed you into a wall.

James leaned down, his face inches from yours.

Ive heard some fascinating things about you recently, dear, his smooth voice whispered. You could feel his breath against your face. Smell it even, in which was a mix of mint and cigarettes.

L-Like what? you whispered, your voice somehow even quieter than his.

Like... he paused, his eyes flickering down to rest on your lips. They slowly made their way further down your body before coming back to yours. You shivered. Like how naughty youve been.

You froze. What could he possibly be talking about?

What? The word left your lips before you could stop it.

James eyes darkened, his jaw clenching. You dont recall, do you? His response came through gritted teeth.

You took a moment to study him. The way his body was rigid before you, trapping you between the wall and himself. The clench of his jaw, the aggravated expression on his face. And then there were his eyes. They were so flooded with dominance that they were practically black. He was angry. Jealous. He looked like a savage wild animal, ready to pounce and claim his territory. Just the thought of what he could do to you in this state of mind had fear settling within you. But it also sparked the excitement of something else more sinful.

You stared up at him with wide eyes. No, you whispered, even quieter, Im sorry.

James made a sound resembling a tsk, before his hand came up to cup your jaw. It was surprisingly gentle, but you knew that could change in a matter of seconds.

Flirting with the new owner wasnt memorable? he asked, his voice taunting, menacing almost.

He was referring to Will Drake. He mustve seen you conversating with the man at the bar just a few hours ago. But you hadnt been flirting. Youd just thought he was a nice guy.

No, he—he- I wasnt trying to flirt, you mumbled, your eyes moving to the floor nervously. Hes gay, James.

James made a humming sound, his hand pushing your jaw and making you look him in the eye. And did you discover that before or after your conversation?

You remained silent for a moment, your eyebrows creasing together. I-Im sorry, James. You know I love you, you said softly.

Yes, he said, the word seeming to draw out because of his accent. And remember it is me you love, and not this acquaintance.

There was a pause. The way he said it made heat rush through your body. You couldnt help yourself.

A small smirk made its way across your lips. James, you said slyly, a sudden confidence coming across you.

Yes? he answered, his eyes narrowing at you.

If you really want me to remember, you said, voice quieter again, but this time a different kind of quiet. You leaned up to whisper in his ear, but hovered, letting your breath run across his ear for a moment before continuing. Why dont you just show me?

You could almost feel the way his breath halted. You leaned back to look at his reaction, watching as his eyes somehow went a shade even darker than before. This time, however, there was a different emotion swimming in them.

Lust.