𝟏𝟑

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄

Considering the injuries Aurelia looked to have sustained, people thought she would have been in the hospital for longer than she was. On the EMT's first glance, they presumed the girl would be clinging to life but upon a closer inspection they saw no injuries — but a worn out, exhausted young girl. Stiles and Aurelia had not spoken much about what happened out on the field. Neither knew what happened, them both withholding information from the other. Stiles' being that he heard her heart starting to beat again after she died and Aurelia's being that she felt an enormous surge of power in her now — something of which she'd never felt before. Laid in between Stiles' legs in the hallway of the hospital, Lia slept. Her head resting on Stiles' chest as his arms wrapped around her — the boy dozing in and out of sleep himself. "They've been here all night?" Mr Martin asked Melissa who watched the two with an inquisitive stare.

"They've been here all weekend." Melissa corrected, a small smile gracing her face. The man looked at her strangely making her nod her head and continue. "I know them, the boys my son's best friend and the girl is basically a daughter to me. I've been rooting for them to get together for a while, and I think it's finally happened." Melissa gushed, as the man next to her stood awkwardly. "You— didn't need to hear that. Sorry." She cringed, turning on heel and walking away to tend to another patient.

"Ugh, ow!" Aurelia snapped, her hand flying to the back of her neck. "For the love of God!"

"WHAT? What happened? Are you okay?" Stiles worried, releasing his arms from around her in fear that he'd somehow hurt her.

"No, you're fine." She laughed, sitting up and swinging her legs from their place across the seats to the floor. "I've got a crick in my neck from sleeping wrong, I'll be fine." She winced, holding her head in an awkward position. Stiles nodded, unsure of what else to say before rooting in his pocket and pulling out some coins.

"Want anything?" Stiles asked, referring to the vending machine down the hall. Waving her hand — instead of shaking her head — she told him it was fine, watching the boy climb to his feet and walk away.

Not knowing how long she had kept her eyes shut, a deafening scream erupted from Lydia's room, startling the girl awake as well as the guy on the fifth floor in a coma. Jumping to her feet, she ran into the room — followed by Stiles and her nurse — and then into her bathroom. "LYDIA?" Window wide open and water still running, the bathroom was empty. Her hospital gown on the floor, drenched by the water that had dripped off her naked body as she ran from the building. "Lyds?" She whispered, looking around the room, tears swelling in her eyes.

"This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott asked in the front seat of the jeep, watching as the pair nodded. "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again." Scott assured Aurelia — who sat in the back chewing at her nails, further upsetting herself when she realised Lydia wasn't there to stop her.

"All right, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her." Stiles snapped, drumming the steering wheel with his palms. "Woah!" The boy gasped, looking to his side where he heard Allison knocking on the window.

"What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us."

"I don't care. She is my friend and we need to find her before they do." Allison quipped leaning on the Jeep's door.

"I can find her before the cops can."

"How about before my father does?" With a hitched breath, Aurelia leaned towards the Jeep door and unlocked it. Nodding her head — and looking around for any wandering eyes — Allison climbed in and they drove off.