Chapter 14

"I-I...", you tried to speak but your voice broke. You sighed and bit down hardly on your lower lip to not burst into tears in front of him.

"Please, Y/N", he begged once more, "I know this looks so bad, but please.. let me explain. Don't send me away."

"Why should I listen to you?", you asked quietly on the verge of crying and couldn't hide your quivering lips, "give me one reason."

"Do you remember how I told you to trust me?", he asked and you nodded, "then you have to believe me when I tell you that I love you."

You never knew how much power these three words held when the right person, the person you most care about, said them to you. They tore down all your walls and made you surrender in the blink of an eye.

You started sobbing and threw your arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms tightly around your fragile figure and held you safely in his embrace. You buried your face into the crook of his neck and inhaled his familiar scent.

For the first time in the past few days you had the feeling you could finally breathe again. You took a deep breath and let all your tears out. You couldn't care less, you were in his arms, protected from all harm. He hugged you tightly till your sobs slowly became less and less.

You didn't want to let go yet, scared that this moment would be over too soon. But you also knew you had to sort out a lot of things and there was no way to avoid it.

You slowly broke the hug and looked on the ground wiping your tears.

"Can I come in?", he asked and his voice cracked giving away how emotional he was. "Yes, sure", you said not making eye contact and led him inside your apartment.

You sat down on the couch in silence and stared in a random direction. You almost had to chuckle thinking about how you couldn't keep your hands off each other a few weeks ago and now you didn't know what to say.

"Baby", he said in an attempt to make you look at him but you only pulled a face in pain when he called you names.

"Y/N", he said more forward and moved closer to you, "look at me."

You squirmed under his intense glance and still kept your head down. He raised his arm and put his hand under your chin to turn your head to him. He gave you a weak smile and wiped a tear off your lips that had run down your cheek.

Subconsciously you parted your lips and fluttered your eyes shut because of his intimate gesture. You kept your eyes closed and perceived how he leaned forward until your lips met.

He kissed you so carefully and lightly that you weren't even sure if your lips really touched or if it was an illusion. Another tear rolled down your cheek when you pulled away and opened your eyes.

"Tell me the truth, Jungkook", you said quietly but determined, "are you already engaged?"

"No, I swear, I'm not engaged", he said strongly, "I didn't know anything about this marriage. My dad only told me that evening."

"It was arranged by my parents and Areum's parents ten years ago when they founded their companies aiming at unifying them when they became successful", he explained.

"Dad was going to inform me on that exact same evening not knowing I had found someone. I never gave consent to the whole plan and I won't marry her, because I... love you."

"Okay", you said slowly understanding how it all started, "but won't that have consequences? I mean, if they planned it that early it must be important."

"My dad said that too. He told me if I weren't going to marry Areum he will take the company away from me", he told you and you gasped.

"But the thing is", he continued, "we don't need to make a business deal through marriage with my dad's friend's company because I can simply buy it."

"Jeon industrials is so successful that we make enough money to buy a small company. That's what my father didn't know", he finished.

"What?!", you asked and couldn't hold back a giggle, "you can literally buy a company? How much money do you make?"

"Enough", he said and relaxed now that you were smiling again. He even smiled back, but his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"So... you don't have to get married?", you asked. "No, I don't", he said not sure if he could approach you now.

"Oh God, I'm so relieved", you said placing your hand in your chest, "I thought I... I wouldn't know what to do without you."

"I'm right by your side and I will be there unless you run from me", he said and you could hear how hurt he was.

"I'm sorry for running off", you said contritely, "I should have talked to you first. I just felt so humiliated.. you know, that b*tch ripped my dress."

"What?", he asked surprised and chuckled deeply when you nodded. "Yea, she was pretty mad that she saw us together", you said shrugging.

"Damn it, I should've know that. She always had a thing for me", he said frowning, "I'm sorry. You'll get a new dress."

"No, there's no need", you said laughing and hesitated shortly before you placed your hand on top of his softly stroking his fingers.

"No back talk, baby", he mocked you, "I'm just getting you a new dress so I can rip it off you."

"Jungkook!", you scolded him laughing and smacked his arm. He laughed too and snaked his arms quickly around your waist pulling you on his lap.

He regarded you lovingly while you traced your finger over his forehead to push one of his curls back before you pressed your lips on his.