Reunion

Dagmar inhaled a deep breath as she stared down the shadowed corridor leading to the dungeons. It took a few minutes before she had found it but luckily she did.

The young maiden slowly began to descend the cold staircase as the darkness surrounded her being. She placed her palm against the chilled wall and concentrated on placing one foot in front of the other as she continued on her path. After a time, the passage had begun the slowly illuminate so the girl increased her speed.

She kept her head down when she entered the chamber of cells and dared not look up at the captives for fear of wreaking havoc of some sort. You may think that it would not cause so much trouble but you have yet to be surprised at the comings and goings of Asgard. One wrong glance may motivate one to begin a series of complications and disputes. Dagmar had not yet been the source of such terrible deeds but she is aware of a few fellow friends who were and, needless to say, it did not end well.

The maid reached the first cell and began her work. It was not long before she finished and continued on to the next, and the next, and soon enough, her labor was near complete. Dagmar was feeling sweltered, her red dress stuck to her pale skin, her knuckles were faded seeing as she scrubbed the floors for such a long time. The sweat on her forehead had attracted a few locks of hair that stuck to the side of her face. She was still to wait for the next batch of prisoners to arrive to clean after them so Dagmar decided to wait next to the staircase.

The maid collected her things and quietly walked toward the stairs and kept her head down, when for reasons unknown... she looked up and made eye contact with one of the prisoners. He wasn't just any prisoner; it was her dear friend Loki!

It has been many an age since she last saw him, you can only imagine her astonishment to see him here in the prison cells of Asgard.

Loki sat in the corner of his chamber with a rather large book in his lap. He looked so different; Dagmar would not have recognized him had it not been for his blue eyes. She was frozen from shock, staring at Loki and he held his gaze at her. For Dagmar, it felt like eternity before he looked back down onto his book, seeming completely uninterested as he read the words on the aged pages. He did not look back up and he did not say a word to her.
"Does he not remember me?" She thought as she simply stood in the center of the passage, focusing on Loki.

She was about to hang her head again and continue on my path when she caught Loki setting the novel down. He sighed as he got up to exercise his clearly tense legs. From where she stood, Dagmar was capable of reading the title on the book. "Iliad" It was a Midgardian novel; the maiden was quiet fond of it. In fact, it was among her most favorited.

"Why did you not continue reading?" She asked impulsively, immediately regretting her decision for a maidservant does not possess the permission of speaking unless she is spoken too. Dagmar held her breath and closed her eyes tightly as she waited for a punishment to come, but none did. The girl opened her eyes and looked around, the guards did not seem to mind her speaking out of order and Loki made no attempt to chastise her. Even if he was prepared to do so, he would not have the permission for though he was once a prince, he is now a prisoner.

The former royal stood at the center of the cell, giving Dagmar a queer look.
"It does not entertain me." he finally answered with distress ringing in his low voice. Again, Dagmar looked at the warriors guarding the entrance way but they still made no attempt to stop them, so she took a few steps to the clear wall of Loki's cell.
"It is an ancient Greek poem on the tale of the Trojan War. It's Midgardian; if you read on, you might find it quite as interesting as I have." She attempted to explain.
"I find the likelihood of that occurring doubtful." Loki responded as he sat down onto the edge of his cot. He rested his fragile elbows onto his sharp knees as he remained his gaze with Dagmar's.

The maiden felt entranced with his large eyes; they spoke so many emotions that the rest of his face and body did not. Dagmar believed she had always been capable to read them, no matter what he felt or did, she felt she knew what his thoughts were or what he was feeling every time she gazed upon the oceans that coursed through his eyes. He told her often that she was the only one to possess that ability; save his Mother of course.