Youthful Mars

Dagmar collected her supplies and began toward the dungeons. It was a long journey and the maid's legs had started to hurt but she finally reached the dark corridors which lead to the prison cells under Asgard.

The maidservant inhaled a deep breath and started down the corridor. Dagmar had begun to remember why she never liked this place, it originated when she was in her 9th age...

-

"Come along, Mars! What is the worst that could possibly happen?" called the young Prince behind him.
"I don't think I shall, Prince Loki. Aslog will certainly be furious if I do not return to her soon. And I must add, it is quite frightening!" Shivered the youthful maid girl.
Loki turned back to his friend and smiled a calming, white smile as he came near her. "Do not fear, Mars. I am with you." He comforted her. "I promise everything will be alright."
Dagmar looked back into his eyes. "Again and again I propose you to only call me Dagmar." She whispered harshly with a smile.
"I don't think I shall listen. I quite enjoy that self-given name to you!"
"But I don't!" Dagmar jestingly complained as the two started down the dark halls.
They only went a short length when they heard the prison guards behind them.
"Hurry along to your chambers, Prince Loki. Your Mother, the Queen, will be most unpleased if she hears of you sneaking into the dungeons." Said the Chief Guard.
"Sneaking?" Retorted Loki. "I most certainly do not sneak!" He sassed at him. "I am simply exploring the great halls of the Kingdom for I may be Ruler some day. Is it not best I know the Kingdom I shall rule in my future to the limit of my knowledge? I think it to be wise to allow my lady here and I journey to wherever I please in these halls."
This convinced the Guards. "Very well, young Prince. I shall wish you good fortune and a blessed day. Though may I suggest caution, Prince Loki." He said with a bow. Then he and the others continued down the hall.
The two youths had not noticed it until they were leaving but there was another man with the Guards. When Dagmar had a clearer look, she saw it was not a man at all, it was an elf. He was covered in blood and torn clothes and wore shackles around his arms, neck and feet. The sight had frightened her, yet she was unaware of just how much.
"Mars, do not fear! You are shaking in your boots! I shall not let anything happen to you as long as I am near!" He promised, and then he carefully took hold of her frail wrist and lead her down the dark corridors.