Chapter 17

The pathway. The bushes. The maze-like tunnels. Dream remembered these like the back of his hand. He's been working for this company for 15 years, so it makes sense. But this time, instead of working for it, he'll be bringing it down. The first thing he noticed was the guards keeping watch outside, a new addition. After charging his crossbow, he sniped one of the guards on their legs. He would save the killing for the leaders that deserve it. This rose panic amongst them, leading to Dream easily taking each of them out one-by-one with his regular.

After the guards were lying on the ground in immense pain, Dream made his way inside. The hallways he should sneak around and hide, he blazed through, and despite his weakened right arm from the encounter with the guard the other night, he still fought his way through the guards and fellow hunters. An army of guards ran down the hallway after him, another set awaiting him in front of him. Dream pulled out TNT and ignited it, causing the guards to scatter, giving Dream good time to make his way through the building. 

Dream finally made his way to the leader's room, the one where this whole ordeal was started. Instead, he found Antfrost and Badboyhalo. Without hesitation, Antfrost shot at Dream, Dream parrying it immediately afterwards. Antfrost pull out his dagger and leaped at Dream. Quickly he countered the attack with a swipe of his axe. He was thrown and laid on the ground twitching, a pool of red started to form.

Dream started making his way towards Bad, who started pleading towards Dream.

"Dream! Dream! Please don't kill me! Please!"

Holding the tip of the axe to his bottom, he yelled "Who attacked me and George in the restaurant?! You must've sent them!"

"No, no. It was Antfrost, he send a local hunter from the area, since you were digging through his stuff."

"Why do you kill George?! He had nothing to do with this!"

At this point, Dream was yelling madly, his mad spit spewing everywhere.

"I didn't! I didn't! That same hunter did, to, in Ant's words, 'Teach Dream a lesson'."

"And you did nothing to stop it?!"
"I tried! YOu see me every meeting. I don't want to be part of this. I wanted to tell you. I wanted to break off this company, but when I was young, one of my family members was killed and I wanted revenge. And by the time I realized I shouldn't get revenge, it was too late.."
Dream paused right then. The story Bad told him sounding very familiar, Dream was given a dozen flashes of the memories that brought him here. He was Badboyhalo, and if he kept doing this, there's going to be even more Badboyhalos in the world.
"Please. Please Dream." pleaded, tears raining down his face. "Please. I don't want to die. Please don't let me leave Zak."
Those same voices started up again, yelling at Dream to finish it.
"He's a coward! He let George die!" Some of the voices started saying. "He ruined your life! Kill him!"

Bad continued to plead, "Please Dream. We're friends. We're like family." Dream brought his axe, breathing very heavily, ready to finish it right here with Bad cowering on the floor. Then, he was reminded of the conversation, the last conversation he had with the love of his life: "Dream, this isn't going to help anything. Let's say you kill them, what's next? You'll automatically be better? You'll be fine afterwards? Please Dream. Please don't do this to me. Don't do this to yourself." Those words, the final words he heard from George, was enough to make him good. He dropped to the floor, sank his head in his knees, and cried. Badboyhalo took this to run out of the room, into safety. Dream continued to weep, those voices in his head now drowned out by his tears. He sat there and pondered everything he did that led him here and he stayed there for a long, long time.