The Student Council

(y/n)'s pov

~flashback to the start of sophomore year~

"Just try it, (y/n), it might be fun!"

That's what (f/n) also says when she wants me to do something with her.

It was the beginning of our second year, as sophomores. The first year was okay, a little boring but okay.

And (f/n), my best friend, who somehow convinced me to go to high school with her wanted me to join some clubs.

I knew (f/n) since kindergarten. I always thought of her as being a little too emotional, to be honest. I mean she actually started tearing up at the sight of a dead mouse.

But in 7th grade, for the first time, we got separated into different homerooms. She met some new friends, while I met mine. I remembered how on weekends she would go to the mall with her companions, and I admit, I felt a little left out.

Then in 8th grade, we were put in the same classes together. She told me about this high school her friends were planning to go to, called Gracefield Academy. I just nodded.

She asked, no pleaded, to join her. It took her a week to convince me. I was fine with just going to the same school as her, but meeting her new friends, no I was not fine with that.

A little toxic trait about me, I don't like meeting other people. I could come off as coldhearted at first impression, and I would just leave it like that. It's not like I care about what other people think.

Then as she was giving me a slide presentation on why I should go with her to high school, she started saying the word "please" so many times, I got a headache on the spot.

"Fine!" I said loudly. "I'll go to Gracefield Academy with you or whatever! Just please, stop asking me."

"Wait really?" she wondered. I nodded slowly. I couldn't believe I was doing this. To think I care about her that much, seriously when did I become so soft?!

"I love, love, love you, (y/n)!"(f/n) replied as she started hugging me so tight I almost suffocated. "Thanks so much!"

"Yeah, you're welcome," I said peeling her off me.

After we applied together, we got our acceptance letters and we graduated from junior high.

Freshman year, as I said before, was boring. I did meet one of (f/n)'s friends though. I believe her name was Gilda, and I remember she had these round and really shiny glasses that glinted every time she spoke.

She was pretty friendly, sitting with me at lunch sometimes. But that was it.

Nothing really major happened. Not until the second year.

This was where we are now. After I joined some clubs such as photography and chess, she stopped pestering me about extracurricular activities.

Student council elections were also around the corner, and (f/n), was begging me once more. This time to vote for her friend.

"(f/n), who even is your friend?" I asked her skeptically. I only knew Gilda, and she doesn't seem the type to run for school elections.

"You don't know him, but if you did, trust me, you'd probably fall for him," (f/n) explained.

"What?" I inquired. "Okay, first of all, I don't even know what the hell he looks like, second, he's probably not even my type, and third, I don't think I want to meet him."

"Alright forget I said that. But what I'm trying to say, is that maybe you should vote for him. He does have a good mindset and can lead a school."

Her words convinced by a little bit. I sighed. When did (f/n) learn to become so persuasive?