s e v e n t e e n

The bell rang, finally indicating the end of the school. Haruka and I sighed in relief, already talking about the cake I enjoyed at cat cafè last time.

"Be sure to treat me later, Kai-chan!" he smiled and acted cutesy, basically pleading me to treat him the dessert. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Just because your father treated me last night" I said, making his face fell in disappointment. I laughed at his funny face before reassuring the boy.

We walked together to the cat cafè and played with the cats, spending our time for the first time since we always hangout with SOX.

I almost forgot that mom and dad need to visit me this weekend when Haruka asked me to go to the beach tomorrow.

"Mom and dad want to visit me" Haruka pouted and rambling about the way we never got time to spend. I chuckled and decided to just listen to his complains and enjoy the milk tea I ordered earlier.

Compared to me, Haruka is easy-going and have the ability to be a social butterfly and always cheerful. He would always tag me along with him since we were kid, leading to wherever he wanted to go to make me feel included and that made me thankful.

"Hey, how about we hangout this Sunday?" I said. He stopped talking for a moment and thought before agreeing.

"That cat seems to like you more than me..." Haruka pointed to the white cat that slept at my lap last time and I took a look at the animal.

"This cat likes a calm person" I said bluntly, causing him to scoff in annoyance and decided to play with other cats.

I reached my phone inside my bag and intended to text mom. She must have missed me so much.

Mama 🍒

Mama, do you want me to prepare
anything for tomorrow?

No need, Kai. We just wanna check on you. I miss our son so much.

You sure? I can buy some groceries on
the way back home.

It's okay. Anyways, I got told that you have a new girlfriend? Anna, right?

Who told you, mama? And no, we are
nothing.

Wait. Is it Haruka?

Calm down, Kai-chan. He told me that you kissed her at the park.

Mama!

Whatever he said to you, just don't
believe it. Not to mention it was just an
accident.

Kai-chan, you still can't move on?

This is your chance to forget about her, Kai-chan. She already asked mama to find you someone to make you feel better.

I thought I wanna visit her any time
soon.

Take me with you. I missed her too.

I need to go, talk to you later.
seen

I turned off my phone at look at the person in front of me who was still playing with some cats happily. I cleared my throat, noticing that he had some sweats over his forehead even though the cafe is fully air-conditioned.

"I heard that you talked to mama" He froze in his seat and turned his head at me slowly while chuckling nervously.

"If you are willing to spare me, you could hit me later. I still want to play with the cats" he showed me the kitten he held earlier.

I shook my head and just continued eating my cake while there was some hitting would be given to this guy in front of me.

"If you could, we can leave the cafè earlier?" I smiled sarcastically, trying to surpress my frustration. He smiled in return and I paid for the food before pulling him out.

"Some good hit would work it out, right?" He gulped nervously while I smiled teasingly.