File 1 Part 1

•File 1: Shadow Princess, Part 1•

May 7

•~•~Mai~•~•

It had been a week since she started coming. Every day at the same time a girl would arrive, nod hello to me, and vanish into my boss Naru's office. Several hours later she would leave looking exhausted.

Today was no exception. She came in as usual and disappeared into Naru's office. I had just finished with the paperwork and had started to make Naru's tea when someone knocked on the door.

I opened it to see several people I knew well. One was Hōshō Takigawa also known as Monk. Behind him was Ayako Matsuzaki, the Shinto Priestess, and behind her was Father John Brown.

"Hi you guys. It's great to see you again." I let them in SPR's main and only office.

"Hi, Mai. It's great to see you again as well." Monk said.

"Well come in and sit down. I was just about to make tea if any of you want some. So, why are you here?" I asked.

"They're here because I asked them to come." Naru said walking out of his office. He was followed by the girl who looked a little confused.

"Oh. Okay then." I said quietly.

"So what's this about Naru?" Monk asked.

"I would like you all to meet the newest member of the team, Natalia Cat." Naru sat down.

"Call me Nat." She smiled brightly.

"Lin, will you bring the mug?" Naru said. Lin walked up and handed him a white mug.

"This mug is designed to withstand a contained level 4 hurricane. Now Nat, show them what you showed me." Naru handed her the mug.

Nat rested it in her hands, palms up. It started to shake then the mug shattered. Everyone flinched but the shards that should have sprayed the room started floating in slow motion around us. The shards suddenly turned into a stream and reformed the mug in Nat's hands. She blew on it and the cracks disappeared leaving the mug exactly the same as before.

Naru took it and tapped it on the table. It sounded solid and he handed it to Monk. "Try and break it." Naru leaned back. Both Monk and John tried their hardest to break the mug but not even Monk couldn't get it to chip or even crack let alone shatter.

"So, what kind of tp does she have?" Ayako asked as Monk gave the mug back.

"None. I'm just telekinetic." Nat said as she sat down.

"Am I missing something important here?" I looked behind me to see Osamu Yasuhara. He had joined our team after we had a case at his school.

"Not entirely. I'll tell you what you've missed on our way to our next case. We've been hired by a very important person to find and eliminate a ghost in his house. According to what he said it's likely this ghost will cause trouble, but isn't particularly violent. Compared to some of our cases it shouldn't be hard to complete." Naru informed us.

"Mai, you and Nat go pack the car. " Naru ordered.

•~•~•~•~•

The house was huge and extravagantly built. My mouth fell open when I saw it. Nat cocked her head when she saw it but didn't say a word.

"Let me take this stuff upstairs with you Mai. It should be easy." Nat said, jumping out of the car.

"Sure. With your help it shouldn't take long at all." I said following her to the back of the car.