File 2 Part 2

File 2: Body In The Ruins, Part 2

•~•~John~•~•

I looked around at the ruins then spotted Naru standing a little ahead of me talking with Lin and a man in a brown trench cost. "Naru!" Monk waved from the other side of the car and we walked over together.

"Glad you could come at such short notice." Naru said.

"Who are they?" The man asked.

"This is Hōshō Takigawa and John Brown, some consultants of mine. They've come to help with the case." Naru told him. "John, Monk, this is Mr. Bones, our client." He introduced.

"Nice to meet you." I said. Mr. Bones nodded once.

"So, I'll leave you to it. We can't go back into the ruins until morning I'm afraid." Mr. Bones added become walking off.

"So, Naru, where are Mai and Nat?" Monk asked firmly.

"In there." He pointed at the ruins. "Mr. Bones was taking us through and they disappeared. I'd like to go look for them tonight, but without a guide we'd only succeed in getting lost ourselves." Naru added.

I looked at the ruins again. "Hang on, if Nat's such a powerful telekinetic why doesn't she just fly out?" I asked.

"That's why I called you here. This case should be easy, however there is something wrong here. I think this ghost is more dangerous than I realized." Naru said.

"So, we wait until tomorrow to go find them? I don't know Naru, leaving them alone all night in there, especially if the ghost is dangerous... I feel like we should do something." Monk said.

"Well, if we get lost we can't help them so first we need a guide." I pointed out.

"I'll take you." A little boy stepped out of the ruins. He was dressed in very old fashioned clothes like he was born when the ruins were built.

Monk stood with his mouth open. "That's a ghost." Monk said.

"You're looking for those two girls, right? I can take you to them." The boy said. We didn't say anything and he cocked his head. "Was I wrong? They both had brown hair and brown eyes. One had a powerful but unsettled spirit?" He asked.

"Nat." I whispered. There was a pause and the boy stepped back. "Wait, take me to them." I said, running forward.

"Follow me." The boy said. Monk grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Are you sure, John?" He asked. I nodded.

"Naru, you said we need a guide so here's our guide. I may not trust him, but this ghost is our best choice to find Mai and Nat." I said.

"If you say so. Naru, is that okay?" Monk asked.

"I'll be staying here, but you're free to go if you wish. Just be careful." Naru turned and headed for his car, followed by Lin.

"Are you staying, Monk?" I asked him.

"You think I'd let you be the hero on your own? No way, I'm coming with." Monk said firmly and I smiled.

"Alright, show us the way." I told our guide.

•~•~Mai~•~•

The ghost had taken our clothes and given us new ones. I was in a light green kimono and Nat was in a light blue one with her black jacket. We followed the ghost silently down the main hallway and he stopped outside a door.

"Another bath?" I asked in a whisper. He pointed at Nat's jacket then at a small box by the door with our other clothes in it.

"Oh. I can't wear my jacket." She muttered. She pull it off and I noticed her left shoulder was a little stiff.

"Hey, Nat, are you okay?" I asked her. She nodded and I noticed red on the kimono. "Your bleeding." I told her. Nat looked at it.

"Ya." She replied. The ghost interrupted us when he opened the door in front of us. Nat nodded at it. "Shall we?" She asked. I nodded and she followed me inside.

•~•~Nat~•~•

The first room was a throne room. The door on the left was closed, but the one on the right led outside to a garden. The ghost bowed to the empty, almost entirely destroyed throne before leading us through the door on the left. It led to a room with a handful of beds. He nodded at them then stepped out, closing the door as he did.

"Okay, that's strange." I commented. "He's helping us, giving us a place to stay tonight." I said.

"How do you know what he wants?" Mai asked. I sat down and fell back not the bed, resisting the urge to cringe.

"Because my spirit isn't fully in my body, if you will. It's kind of like a wild animal pacing within me and whenever I'm around ghosts it wants to get out even more. Because of that I can kind of understand how ghosts feel." I said.

"Oh." Mai sat down on the bed next to me. "So, you're kind of possessed by your own spirit?" She asked.

"You could think of it that way. You probably could even exercise my spirit." I added as I sat up. "Lets go look around." I suggested.

Mai nodded. "I suppose we could. But first tell me what's wrong with your shoulder." She countered.

"It's nothing. I'm fine." I said, standing up as I did.

"Really, Nat. What's wrong with your shoulder?" Mai asked firmly.

"Don't worry about it Mai." I said as I opened the door. "Now, are you staying or coming?" I asked, looking at her.

"Coming." Mai stood up and followed me out.