File 2 Part 1

File 2: Body In The Ruins, Part 1

June 13

•~•~Nat~•~•

Friday the 13th. It was no surprise when I shattered a mirror because of a bad dream. It happened twice actually: once at my apartment (given to me by Naru, amazingly) and the other was at SPR. I blew on the one at SPR and it fixed itself just as the phone rang. I flicked my fingers and caught the cordless phone as I summoned a clip board with my other hand.

"Hello, this is Shibuya Physic Research. I'm Natalia Cat, or Nat, how can I help you?" I said brightly. I grabbed a pencil from behind my ear and got ready to write down the information for the call.

"Can I talk to Kazuya Shibuya? I have a case for him." The man said.

"He's busy currently, but I'm his assistant. I'll make sure he gets the message." I said.

"His assistant as well as that girl Mai? You know, she told me the same thing about Mr. Shibuya." The man said. I sighed softly so he wouldn't hear it.

"Ya, that's because Naru won't talk to clients unless he's interested in the case." I wanted to say. Instead I said, "Mr. Shibuya is very busy. Mai and I talk to clients and confirm if it is worth his time, such as whether it's an actually ghost or not. So, could you tell me about your case?" I asked politely.

He didn't say anything for a minute. "Fine, but I promise it's worth his time. My name is Dr. Bones and I'm an American archaeologist. Recently I've been exploring the old ruins of a palace and town in the countryside and while wandering around in the town section later in the evening I saw a ghost." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Very. Because I've seen it every day since then at the same place at the same time. I have even followed it. It walks the same path every time like it's on patrol or something." The man said. I nodded.

"Alright, Mr. Shibuya prefers talking to clients in person in a situation like this, so would it be possible for you to come to SPR?" I asked.

"No. If it was I would have come in person instead of calling. Don't take to long, this ghost won't let us get any farther in our excavation." Dr. Bones ordered.

"Alright. What's your phone number? I'll have Mr. Shibuya call you back as soon as he can." I said, jotting down the information.

•~•~•~•~•

"Here. It's a case I think you'll like." I dropped the paper onto Naru's desk and he looked away from his computer.

"A case?" He asked, picking up the paper. His eyes flicked as he skimmed it. "Alright, this does sound interesting. I'll call this Mr. Bones back and see. Find Mai and Lin and let them know we may have a case." Naru said.

"Yes sir." I answered before walking out. I slipped into Lin's office next door. "Lin, Naru asked me to tell you that we may have a case. Naru seemed interested in it." I said, not leaving the doorframe.

"Alright." Lin answered simply without turning away from his computer. I shrugged and walked out just as Mai walked in the door.

"Oh, perfect timing. We may have a case. Naru's looking it over right now." I told her.

"Oh. It's been a little since our last one." Mai said.

"Not really. We concluded our last case one week, two days, and about four hours ago." I said immediately.

"How did you know that?" Mai asked.

"Know what, the time?" I asked. She nodded. I shrugged. "No idea. I've just been good at telling time all my life." I said.