chapter 13

previous chapter:/

we slept peacefully.

~a couple months later.~

~
y/n's pov
~

i finally fell for chrollo, and he did too. we went on dates, missions, and other things.

he had never been happy the troupe said, them thanking me for being in chrollo's lives.

the guy who knocked me out was finished, i gained 8 billion yen from killing people, i trained the members, taught feitan some torture methods, and i finally moved in with them.

life was easy to manage with, especially lucifler on my side.

one day, i had a call in the middle of the night. i had to move to the kitchen away from everybody.

-hello?

-i have a request,

-go on.

-kill the phantom troupe, for 10 billion yen.

i stayed still, this dealer knows who they are.

-sorry you cut out, the phantom troupe?

he agreed with me, theres no way im about to kill my comrads.

-how would i prove to you that i killed the phantom troupe.

-one of the member's head.

-anyone specific?

-his name goes by, chrollo lucifler.

my eyes widened, trying to kill my own boyfriend.

-whats your name so i can put you on-

i was cut off.

-will you do it or no.

he got straight to the point, knowing im trying to get information off of him. dangit, hes too smart for me.

-give me a sec.

~
feitan's pov
~

i had to, im sorry boss, but i have to be nosy and see what's going on.

i think she mentioned killing the phantom troupe, chrollo specifically.

she hit the jackpot, for i dont know how much money, but she had checkmated us. what will she do, betray us for money, or decline the offer.

but shes really thinking. why does she have to think. i can tell, she's considering it.

~
y/n's pov
~

i know, this choice is hard, not that. my obvious answer is no. but what if he hires an another assassin.

what if that assassin is skilled, and i won't be able to protect chrollo.

i cant accept it nor decline it.

either way leads to a death, to someone or people i care about.

-i choose life, i decline your offer. i may be a skilled assassin, but professionals know not to mess with them. i don't think anyone else would put up for that.

-choice has been made, thank you madam.

and they end the call.

i lean on a wall, obviously frustrated to what just had happened.

feitan walks out of his hiding spot.

"good choice, i was also making one whether i should kill you or not."

"feitan, there's no way i would kill chrollo."

does he even trust me.

he pins me to the floor, taking the top.

"of course not, but you took a long time trying to answer. mind telling me before i torture you to death."

"fei-feitan, i was thinking about what happens if i decline it, because he can easily find another assassin and kill chrollo. i simply had to lie to the dealer and try putting harm out of chrollo's way."

he took everything the wrong way, and helped me up, he after apologized and i went back to chrollo's room.

there he was sitting on a side of the bed, waiting for something.

what did he want?

////////////