Day 4 - On a Date

Ink's POV

Dream says he wants to take me out for a date night and I wonder how it's gonna go, we haven't gone out on a proper date in ages. Usually one of us is busy and the other is preparing for when they have to work later, we do spend the evenings and nights together, but I wish we had more time together. I'm glad we get to go out on a date, Dream always makes sure it's as enjoyable as possible.

"Inky, you should go get ready. We're going to be leaving in a little over half an hour," Dream called from the kitchen and I headed to our room to get dressed in clothes that aren't so ordinary.

When I came back down to see Dream I was wearing a pastel rainbow gradient dress that he got me a while back. It had sleeves too, which go all the way down my arms and cover up to my wrists. He smiled when he noticed that I was back and I spun around in the dress a little to make it flow.

"So, you almost ready? I can't wait for our date," Dream chuckled a little and I saw that he was making something.

"We are having a picnic date, so I have to finish making some food to bring with us," he went back to making up some food and I waited on the sofa, sketching some drawings.

After a while Dream ran upstairs and when he came back down he was wearing light blue jeans, a yellow t-shirt and a black jean jacket. He went back to the kitchen and I saw him packing up the food, so I assumed that I should put my sketchbook away. Once I was done, I rushed over to Dream to see how he was doing with packing stuff up and saw that it was just completed.

"Are we leaving now? Because I'm ready to go," Dream lightly grabbed my hand and teleported us into the middle of the forest, in a small clearing that had flowers growing in it.

"Let's set up the picnic," he smiled at me and laid a blanket down, placing the basket he put the food in earlier on top.

After we were cozy, I was leaning against Dream and we were eating some of the delicious food he made for us. He occasionally would look down at me and give me a kiss or just whisper sweet nothings to me. I felt so relaxed and happy, unlike any other moment before that I can remember.

"Dream, this is really nice. Thank you," he moved a little and I got off his lap, feeling like he wanted to stand.

"Ink, can you please close your eyes and stand up? I have a surprise," I didn't ask him why and just obeyed, "I'm ready, you can look now. Ink will you marry me?"

"Yes, of course I will," Dream had been kneeling in front of me with a beautiful ring, one which he slipped onto my finger when I said yes.

"I'm glad we can get married now," I blushed at the thought of Dream kissing me in a wedding dress, in front of the friends we've made.

"Yeah, me too. I want cuddles now," he laughed at me a little and pulled me down onto his lap.

We just cuddled in the middle of a forest glade, the sun setting long after we arrived. It felt nice to finally take a break and relax with Dream by my side. I couldn't have asked for a better partner to stay with for the rest of my life.

-612 words

Hope you enjoyed