Chapter Four

Nico spent some time with Sulpicia and Athenodora whilst Demetri attended a trial in the throne room, although Nico didn't know that, he just thought Demetri was on guard duty. "How have you been Nico since we last saw you?" Sulpicia asked "I've been ok thank you. Daddy and I went to the park a few weeks back and we met daddy's friend Sophie and her daughter Ellie" Nico replied smiling, Athenodora and Sulpicia exchanged glances before probing gently for more information "Tell us more about Sophie and Ellie" Athenodora asked gently "Daddy met Sophie and Ellie on the plane a few months ago on his way back from the US and when Daddy took me to the park a few weeks ago we met them and have seen them every weekend since. Ellie is so tiny and so pretty" Nico answered still smiling "What is Sophie like?" Sulpicia asked "Sophie is pretty too; she has brown hair and green eyes just like Ellie. Sophie is a good cook, I really like her chocolate brownies and she makes a really nice lasagne too" He replied "She sounds lovely, I'm glad you and Daddy have made such a good friend outside the castle" Sulpicia responded with a smile "How have you both been since I last you?" Nico asked them "We've been ok, thank you. We have acquired some new books and art supplies" Athenodora replied and Nico nodded. Nico did some painting with Sulpicia, then had a cuddle with Athenodora whilst she read him a story.

Demetri arrived to collect his son later that afternoon to find him having a nap on Athenodora's lap. "Thank you so much for looking after him, he'd been asking to see you both again" Demetri said with a smile "Our pleasure Demetri. We have heard all about your 'friend' Sophie and little Ellie" Sulpicia replied smiling and gave him a wink, if Demetri could blush, he would be. "Your secret is safe with us Demetri, do not worry about that. We're just pleased you have finally found your one" Athenodora said as she handed Nico to him "Thank you. I plan to speak to the Kings tomorrow as I would like to tell Sophie about me, about our bond" He replied and the two Queens nodded and smiled in response.

Demetri got permission to tell Sophie about him, about vampires and their world as she became a little curious when she noticed how quickly Nico was changing. "Good afternoon masters, may I have a private word with you?" Demetri asked bowing his head "Of course my dear boy. Dismissed for now, we'll call you back once we are done" Caius said waving his hand to dismiss the guards on duty. Once the guards had left Aro held out his hand to Demetri "May I?" Demetri nodded and placed his hand inside Aro's. Aro saw the events of the past few weeks; Demetri and Nico going to the park and meeting Sophie and Ellie, the four of them going back to her place. The reoccurring visits to the park to see the two of them. Aro smiled and released Demetri's hand "How can we help you?" Aro asked "I have met someone recently; her name is Sophie and she's my mate" He replied and Marcus' eyes lit up upon hearing this. "She's noticed that Nico has aged a little quickly compared to his human counterparts over the past few weeks and I do not wish to lie to her. I would like permission to tell her about me, about our bond and about our world including that Nico is a hybrid" Demetri spoke to Aro; Marcus and Caius were on their thrones listening "You can tell Sophie about your bond, about Nico and about us but I would like to meet her Demetri and have Marcus confirm your bond. There is no rush per say but the sooner the better for all parties" Aro replied "Yes, I agree as we can't help protect her if we don't know who she is my dear boy" Marcus added and Demetri nodded "Of course. I will tell her the next time I see her and give her a little time to get used to everything and then I will bring them to the castle to meet you" He replied "Them?" Caius asked curiosity flashed through his eyes "Yes brother, them. I forgot to mention Sophie has a baby, a daughter. Demetri and Nico have met her and they all get along very well" Aro answered Caius' question "The little girl is called Ellie and Nico absolutely adores her" Demetri told them with a smile. "Is there is a father in the picture?" Marcus asked "I am not entirely sure master. I think Sophie is a single parent like myself, although I haven't asked about Ellie's father and she hasn't volunteered that information either. We haven't discussed Nico's mother either but I think she has guessed that she is no longer in the picture" Demetri responded "Please have that conversation too as we need to know if there will be any...complications regarding you and Sophie being together" Caius said sympathetically "I will master. Thank you" Demetri replied, bowed his head and left the throne room. He and Sophie had much to talk about the next time they saw one another.