Chapter 1

Keaton's POV

She's not looking where she's going! She's going to crash! I start running towards her. NO!

Her face slams onto the top of the ramp and her skateboard flies out from under her. She limply slides down and I lift up her head, setting it on my lap.

"Drew! Wes! Call an ambulance!" I yell behind me. I brush her hair out of her face to reveal an ugly cut on her forehead with blood gushing out. Drew pulled out his phone and dialed in a couple numbers.

"Yeah, we need an ambulance at the Huntington Beach skate park, like now." He said worriedly into the phone. "Yeah, okay, please be fast." He finishes before hanging up. He shoots me a worried gaze before taking off his shirt and tying it around her head, changing the colour from grey to red.

"Hey! New guys!" a loud voice shouts from across the park. A tall guy with a couple followers makes his way across the park. "What'cha doin with my girl Katia?"

"She isn't your girl..." One of his followers mumbles, earning a smack over the head.

"She's not your girl, and look bro, this is serious, so can you just go away?" I say, clenching my fist.

"She needs mouth-to-mouth, doesn't she? Here, I'll do it." The jerk says, kneeling on the other side of Katia, putting his hands on either side of her face, leaning in. He suddenly gets pulled back, and I see Wes with an angry look on his face. They have a mini stare-down, until we hear sirens echoing through the neighbourhood.

"This isn't finished." Wes growls, turning away from the jerk guy.

I turn to see a couple paramedics with a stretcher running towards us. I gently lower Katia's head and let the paramedics lift her onto the stretcher.

"Are any of you family?" The paramedic asks quickly.

"We're her brothers and cousin." Wes says with a desperate look on his face.

"Okay, hop in." The paramedic says, motioning towards the ambulance. We quickly climb in, squishing on a little bench beside Katia, laying in the middle of the vehicle.

I turn to Wes with a worried look on my face.

What have we gotten ourselves into?

_______________________

Would you guys prefer a lot of short chapters with quick updates, or a few really long chapters with slow updates?

4 votes for next chapter ;D I know you can do it!

Chloe xx

katia on the side ->