9

♫Space Song - Beach House ♫

"You're such an ass, Shawn." Obsidian laughed into the phone. She could hear Shawn jokingly scoff on the other end before laughing lowly.

"I'm just stating facts. I wanna make you Maya's godmother. Not with all the fairy shit or whatever, but just if anything happens to me, I'd want you to be able to at least see her. She loves you O. And as much as I hate to admit it, I love you too."

"You're getting soft on me, Shawnie." Obsidian softly spoke as she hung up the phone and stepped outside. He was just getting home and she could not be more excited to see him. She gave him a charming smile as she watched him go to walk into the courtyard.

"Hey there, but anyways I wanna new life. For Maya, you and me. We can be a family. You know what I'm saying-" He began to rant while Obsidian walked up to him to give him a hug.

"Hey Shawn." A very masculine voice spoke from behind Shawn. The man looked unfamiliar to Obsidian and from Shawns new guarded stance, he was most likely looking for trouble.

Before either could react, only fiery pops were heard, the had man pulled out a gun. He began shooting at Shawn and Obsidian, while both teens tumbled to the ground. The car quickly sped away as fast as it came, while the two teens struggled to recover from the shock they were both in.

Obsidians ears rung deafeningly loud as she felt an extreme pressure on top of her. She pushed whatever was on her off and when she realized what the sudden weight was she let out a small cry.

"Shawn. Shawn please." Obsidian cried out as she noticed how bad of a state he was in. When the boys had shot at them, Shawn had protected Obsidian, taking in almost three shots to the chest area. One of which would have hit Obsidian straight in the heart because of their height difference. Small circles of blood began pouring out of the poor boy as he gasped for any sort of air.

"O." Shawn coughed out as he searched for her hand. She grasped it firmly and screamed bloody murder, begging for anyone to help. But no one came. Everyone knew to not get involved with gang related deaths, especially ones with Shawns group.

"I'm here, S." She spoke, her voice wavering with every work. Thick tears rolled down her checks and her lungs began to sting with the amount of breathing she was doing. She could hear every gasp and cough Shawn was letting out which further shattered her heart.

"Take care of M- Maya. Please." He begged in between his coughs. Obsidian nodded furiously as tears continuously brimmed in her eyes. "I love you, please don't cry." He begged softly before staring deep into the girls chocolate brown eyes of his sister. He absolutely hated seeing her cry.

At that moment Obsidian knew he was going to die. As much as she hated everything and everyone for letting this happen, she knew it was inevitable.