10

♫ Girls  by  Girl  in  Red ♫

Obsidian awoke a few mornings later to a light sunshine seeping through the windows. She gently searched the side next to her in hopes of feeling a certain Jordan girl but her hand fell straight to the mattress. The two girls had been secretly sharing beds for a few days now, deciding to move to Olivia's room since it was more comfortable.

After Shawn died, Obsidian was not able to sleep if she was alone, her night terrors were always worse if she felt the unease of loneliness. She had basically cried for an entire day after the incident, but once she got it out of her system she was fine. But only Olivia knew how extreme the shooting affected the girls mind.

Her eyes groggily opened as she glanced around the room.

    No Olivia in sight.

    She let out a deep sigh of disappointment when she realized the girl had left before she'd even awoken.

    "Good Morning." Olivia spoke softly as she walked into the room. Obsidian's eyes shot open at the sudden voice. She glanced at the girl who was juggling two glasses of orange juice.

    Obsidian smiled in admiration while she sat up in the bed. No girl had ever done this for her. Handing her the glass of juice, Olivia watched the girl sip it lightly with major bed head. But to Olivia, she was the prettiest girl in the world. Bed head and all. Obsidian softly said a thank you while she rubbed her eyes.

    "How are you feeling?" Olivia immediately asked. Obsidian bit her lip in thought, beginning to think of an excuse but Olivia beat her to it. "Don't give me any 'I'm fine' bullshit. Trust me I will know if you're lying. I'm the queen of telling everyone I'm okay even when I'm totally not."

    Obsidian furrowed her eyebrows as she took in what the girl had just told her. Was Olivia hurting?

   "What does that mean?" She asked curiously. Olivia's eyes widened when she realized what she had said and quickly tried to change the subject.

   "More juice!" She cheerfully said as she practically pushed her cup into Obsidians other hand. "Anyways, I was thinking we could do something today! The boys have another game and our parents are all busy with their boring events, so I was thinking we could go out. Just us." She wavered the words 'us' slightly as if she were suggesting a new idea though she had been thinking of asking this for a while.

    Olivia nervously squeezed her thumb in between her middle finger and pointer so hard it nearly fell off. Obsidian glanced deep in Olivia's eyes, making sure she was serious, while Olivia practically struggled to breath with the eye contact.

   "Just us."

     "Favorite subject. Go." Olivia stated. They were playing a game of Truth while they finished their food. Deciding on getting lunch since it was late afternoon, Obsidian had gotten a large fries while Olivia got a burger. They ordered a takeout option so they could go home and get into comfy clothes. Olivia was dressed in sweats and a cropped shirt while Obsidian wore a red tank top and some leggings.