Chapter Eighteen

As Lincoln fell asleep, Lori was wide awake trying to get her mind off her recent troubles. She knew that Lincoln for all of his life and it took several posts to ruin their relationship. If they even had one anymore, since she was obsessed with Bobby. 

"I wonder if we'll ever reconnect." She said quietly to herself regretting every single moment where she threatened him. Not to mention all of the events that probably convinced him that they never cared for him. Events that they could never take back seeing that Lisa's time machine didn't work.

"Lori? Are you okay?" A voice said. Lori turned around and saw Lucy who looked at her with a concerned look on her face? A statement that could possibly be true if their parents never allowed their sister to cut her bangs.

"Just thinking about the times where we took advantage of our brother." Lori said as she patted the spot right next to her. Lucy slowly sat down and looked up at her big sister.

"We made so many mistakes haven't we?" Lucy said.

"Yes. It's funny really Lincoln did so much for us yet when he needed our help...we often made things worse." Lori said.

"Like making Lincoln think that Ronnie Anne liked him." Lucy said.

"Yup. We knew that Lincoln only saw her as a friend yet we kept trying to hook them up. Sigh....Why we thought that they like each other is beyond me at this point." Lori said.

"I also managed to forget why. But we probably thought that they would be a cute couple given they were interested in each other in the first place." Lucy said.

"That's true, but we went overboard with trying to get them together. They needed to like each other with their free will not by being forced into a relationship." Lori said. Lucy nodded silently knowing how they tried to meddle with Lincoln's love life. Something that could've possibly ended with their brother resenting them if they tried to help him score a date.

"I can't disagree with that statement. We really dropped the ball on helping our brother get a girlfriend." Lucy said.

"About that...Did anyone know what his sexuality was?" Lori said.

"To be honest, No. We just assumed that he wanted to have a girlfriend and just rolled with it." Lucy said.

"Sigh...just another failure on our part." Lori said before she heard her sister started to chuckle.

"Is something funny Lucy?" Lori said with a glare towards her little sister.

"No. It's just...this is the first time that I had a heart to heart with you." Lucy said which surprised Lori.

"What do you mean by that?" Lori asked.

"Don't get this the wrong way about your past relationship with Bobby, but you haven't talked to anyone like this for months." Lucy said.

"I.I haven't?!" Lori said.

"No. All you cared about was Bobby this or Bobby that. You never had time for any of us and even threatened us when we enter your room." Lucy said.

"I..I'm sorry. I didn't know that it was affecting you guys." Lori said.

"Didn't know?! You basically threw us out of your room and threatened us at every chance that you get. Not to mention that you abused your position of being the oldest to get whatever you want." Lucy said.

"You're right. I wasn't the best older sister. I abused my position and focused my time on Bobby. But, I want to make things right. If..you're up to it of course?" Lori said.

"I can't stay mad at you. Everyone in the house made mistakes that we want to make up. Especially everything that we threw towards Lincoln." Lucy said. Remembering all of the incidents that happened because of them. Especially when they were thrown out of the store and stood by while their mother blamed their brother.

"Thanks. Now, do you want to watch TV with me?" Lori said. Lucy nodded and they both started to watch TV. Unaware that this moment was the first step towards the sisters becoming better people. At the same time, Izuku was watching TV with some of the others and wondered how each of them were lucky to get Lincoln. He always helped them with their issues and even tried his best to make them feel special. It was sweet and the best part....

They wouldn't like it any other way.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋